Would this be okay with you?

I saw this message (below) on my husband's myspace. It was a response to one sent by an overly friendly girl from my husband's previous employment. Mind you...he has had 2 emotional affairs way in the past and is currently deployed.

From him:
hey sweetie sorry it took so long for me to contact you but i've been very busy these past couple weeks. how have you been i miss you so much you have no idea. well hope to hear from you soon
miss you and love you!

from her:
Well I miss you more and more every day. I hope you are having fun
LOVE YOU!

I probably would just overlook this if there wasn't a past of the same behavior leading to more. Am I going crazy or do I have a right to be concerned? Is this crossing the line a little?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah, it is crossing the line. It sounds as if they are having a relationship to me. "miss you so much, you have no idea"?? That sounds like a relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• ummm sweetie?? when you are married you dont refer to friends or coworkers as sweetie... i would be checking into that.. quick like. And no its not crossing the line alittle- its crossing it a lot.
    Good Luck :)
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Sorry, that sounds like she really means something to him and he to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• did you suspect something, is that why you went on his myspace? its definitely crossing a line
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No, this is not something I would be okay with especially in lieu of your history. Address this NOW. There seem to be some serious problems & I urge you to get to the bottom of what is going on. I would not let him talk you into thinking that this is innocent, it sounds quite the contrary. I'm sorry you are going through this. You deserve better, so he needs to be better or you need to find better somewhere else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• def. crossing the line. no one says those things if they arent doing something more. im sorry!
    KCsMom08

Answer by KCsMom08 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• So BEYOND crossing the line. I would remind them both that YOU are his wife.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 12:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• even without past emotional affairs - this is very NOT acceptable!

The ONLY female other than me that my husband should say "I Love You" is his mom- and sister.

He was 'speaking' to her the same way one speaks to a wife or girlfriend. That is NOT how you speak to someone that is just a friend.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:47 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yeah, I really do think it is over the line. Not the "sweetie" part, because I seriously call everyone sweetie and hubby calls everyone hunny....but the "i love you & I miss you" thing seems over the line because, if they are putting that out there where everyone can see it, then what are they saying in private?
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 1:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• YOU WOULD OVERLOOK HIM CALLING SOMEONE ELSE SWEETIE?

GIVE HIM A TONGUE LASHING
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:30 AM on Mar. 27, 2009