Why are all the politicians fighting each other when they should be fighting FOR us?

The republicans are now infighting about their OWN budget rebuttal to President Obama's budget (which they were fighting too)

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0309/Aides_Cantor_Ryan_objected_to_GOPs_budget_blueprint.html

Sarah Palin and her states republican senate president are having a public tiff about those funds she wants to partially reject and a meeting they were supposed to have

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/20539.html

The democrats were fighting about the budget too, think they stopped now but who can tell....

They NEED to STFU and WORK together FOR US!! We need to stop being so divided by party and unite to make these politicians work together to make our country functional again...seriously, we all want a government that WORKS!

Any suggestions to bring us "little people" together??

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Any suggestions to bring us "little people" together??

Quit electing Democrats and Republicans
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• This is an extremely volatile issue and they all want to land on the "right" side. Dems and repubs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/25/democrats-want-to-cut-dow_n_179084.html

Also the real one in charge...isn't Obama, It's Ried, polosi, and frank...you don't get much more polarizing then them. 

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:54 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• And then you have THIS The Senate majority leader (Harry Reid D) is considering employing a legislative maneuver that would virtually eliminate Republican input into health care and cap and trade energy policies

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/26/reid-leaves-open-option-extreme-maneuver-health-care-energy-overhauls/

Not helpful. Thank God some dems are fighting him. But again you have infighting!

Not sure what's going to happen, but I do know ,as much as I dislike the man, I was really hoping his campaign talk was going to carry over, but it didn't an HE has NOT tried to facilitate a bond with repubs but played lip service to them from the get go!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:55 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Also the real one in charge...isn't Obama, It's Ried, polosi, and frank...you don't get much more polarizing then them.

I don't think so. There are SO MANY right now. If I see another press conference that is in retaliation of a previous press conference I might be sick. That is not limited to party. The politicians ALL want to be on tv, just to argue their point.

Obviously compromise is needed, but how can that be reached of one side is not listening and one side is just going to oppose for oppositions sake. The real Losers are US.

I think one of the previous posters may have had it right and to STOP voting dem & repub...That is the real revolution this country needs!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:30 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• They NEED to STFU and WORK together FOR US!! We need to stop being so divided by party and unite to make these politicians work together to make our country functional again...seriously, we all want a government that WORKS!

Sweet~That is what the Tea Parties are all about. It isn't about Democrats or Republicans. It isn't partisan. It making a stand as AMERICANS and telling them to do what is right for the American people, not their agenda. Also, get everyone you know to call, write, and email your elected officials and tell them you want change or you have no problem voting them out.  REMND THEM THEY WORK FOR YOU :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Sweet~That is what the Tea Parties are all about. It isn't about Democrats or Republicans. It isn't partisan. It making a stand as AMERICANS and telling them to do what is right for the American people, not their agenda. Also, get everyone you know to call, write, and email your elected officials and tell them you want change or you have no problem voting them out. REMND THEM THEY WORK FOR YOU :o)

Even the tea parties are party specific, it's to oppose Obama. I've seen the signs etc...It's ALL of them. I'm about fed up with the posturing and PIMPING

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I don't think tea parties would help. But what would help is people speaking up in public. It can help. Like in Alaska people are demonstrating against Palin's proposals of cutting special education funds  . And the sad thing high level people don't like to ask what the lower level people think how do make things better.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• In our local tea party we have at least 2 dozen democrats that I know of that are fed up with the spending. I also know in Cincy, Cleveland, and Indy there is a decent amount of Democrats, Independents, etc... So, going from personal experience I see it as bi-partisan.. jmo :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Thank you grly it is true some seem to think it's only conservatives joining in on these tea party's and that is not true.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:22 AM on Mar. 27, 2009