For those with a WAH business, how did you know which company and which Mom to sign up with?

If you made the choice to sign up with a WAH business how did you make the decision? If you joined with a mom from here how did you decide to go with that mom's group? I'm interested in a few things but there are many moms who work for the same company. Does it make a difference which one you sign up with if they are all on the same team and working for the same company?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Oh, dear there are branch of the websites, where you may advertise your business. And there are about 6 billions people in the world.
    bizzybee68

Answer by bizzybee68 at 1:05 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I WORK WITH AN AWESOME HOME DECOR COMPANY CALLED ATHOME AMERICA. I DID FIND IT ON HERE AND IF I HAD LOOKED HARDER IM SURE THAT I WOULD HAVE FOUND MOR ETHAN ONE MOM DOING IT. I LIKED HER ADD AND HER STORY AND WHEN I MESSAGED HER SHE WAS REALLY NICE AND WE CLICKED. ONE PIECE OF ADVICE I GIVE TO ANYONE LOOKING INTO DIRECT SALES IS TO NEVER JUST GO TO A RANDOM WEBSITE AND SIGN UP. IT IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE A GOOD WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR UPLINE. IF YOU ARE IN CONTACT WITH SEVERAL MOMS FROM ONE COMPANY I WOULD CALL AND SPEAK TO ONE OF THEM.
    IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE THERE ARE SEVERAL TEAMS WITHIN ONE COMPANY, AND IT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOUR SUCESS TO HAVE AN UPLINE YOU GET ALONG WITH AND CAN COUNT ON. I HAVE READ SEVERAL POSTS FROM MOMS WHO WERE NOT SUCCESSFUL B/C THEY DID NOT HAVE A GOOD UPLINE. SO YES IT MATTERS. THESE ARE PEOPLE YOULL BE WORKING WITH ON A REGULAR BASIS, EVEN IF IT IS LONG DISTANCE--GOOD LUCK!
    mamasonja27

Answer by mamasonja27 at 1:22 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I took time to look into businesses that were interesting to me and where I knew i would enjoy the product. It is much easier to sell something you like, use and believe in. I also looked at cost. How much to start, to maintain, extra fees, hidden fees, to stock product, etc? The business I chose was free to start and I love the product and it was a good fit with my personality.

I didn't have to decide between whom to start with, but if I did I would look for someone close to me so I knew I could be a part of the team and get the support I needed to build my business. If I had more than one option of people close to me then it would come down to personal "preferences"- was one more professional, was one too pushy, did one seem to be more informed, are they positive or "ho-hum" about their business, etc. Personally I would want to be in business with someone motivated, professional and respectfully persistent

Good Luck!.
    lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 3:25 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I don't think anyone has actually answered your question. Yes, it matters. The mother you sign up with gets to have you in her down line. This means when you pay your fees to signup, she gets a cut and every month when you pay your $50.00 or so fee, she gets a cut. And if you ever make a sale, she'll get a cut. Now here's the problem, CafeMom and most websites, states, are flooded with these companies. It's not like Tupperware or Avon where you can make a bunch of small sales. These companies sell either fake health insurance or high priced products which claim to be better then what you can get a wal-mart, but are not. These companies prey on the uneducated because they understand how people think and what they will fall for. It doesn't matter to them if you ever make a sale as long as you continue to pay your fees each month.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Most of the moms who are trying to sign you up have never made a sale and are paying out money every month praying it will pan out in the end and for most it won't. If you are looking for a REAL job where you can make REAL money without paying into a company month after month, I suggest you go to StuckAtHomeMom.com and click Work @ Home. Unlike the moms here who are desperate for you to signup in their downline, I don't make a penny regardless if you signup or not. AND my website was featured on the evening news.

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Well I have to say I had looked any many and I mean many online business so that I could be at home with my kids. I was very iffy on what to choice because I did not get burned. I actually me a lady through my son who works from home. I got to know her because of our children. I noticed her car had the add of one of the companies I had been looking at. I did not want to join and not know who was on the other end kind of idea. Because I know her I Knew this was for real she had be doing it for 9yrs and does it full time now. It does matter who you pick because whoever it is gets the credit and yes you do work with them on an on going basis. I ended up with this friend of mine and it was the thing I ever did. Real opportunity, real people, and I seen her pay cheques so from beginning to now. Did she work her butt of to get there yes but now she has what she wants. Security, financial freedom,flexibility. Its works!!
    cjcroke

Answer by cjcroke at 10:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I did my research, looked at pay plans, asked questions, went to meetings. Found a compnay that is debt free and profitable. Message me if you are interested.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 1:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

•  

I joined under a friend of mine because I knew I could trust her, plus she quit her teaching job and has totally replaced her income.

I am a work from home mom and I am partnered with a Wellness company that distributes eco-friendly products. My daughter has never gone to daycare because I found a real work from home job. I do not sell. I do receive a check once a month. I do have a website that you could go to if interested......

http://www.iluvwhatido.com  

This company is a member of the Better Business Bureau.
    cstewart0402

Answer by cstewart0402 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• easter eggHello, my name is Traci.  I work for AMERIPLAN.  I was laid off of my job of 10 years and another cafemom introduced me to this business.  I love it!  I did, however, research it.  I'd like to invite you to take a look at this site: www.myhomebusinesspays.com/tmast Let me know if this interests you and I can help you get started!  Good luck!

-Traci

http://www.ameriplanusa.com/video/AMR300K.asx

Traci1993

Answer by Traci1993 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• - Choose a business that you are passionate about, one that will fit your lifestyle and with a distinct roadmap to meet you income goals.

- Choose a sponsor whom you connect with and will be available to assist you.

- Choose a team that shares a common mission and goals, and that offers the support, training, and encouragement you will need to succeed.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2009