Do you ever miss "your kind of people"?

Regardless of race, ethnicity, and nationality, do you find that when you are not around your own, you feel really homesick? I am not saying just occasionally, I mean that you are LIVING in a different culture?

That is happening to me right now. I would just love to see 'my people'!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Anyway, we can't. We are being pioneers! So we have to stick it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• yes i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i jsut want to be around MY language MY culture and MY food
    Anonymous

• All the time. I am a Northern living in the South. UGH!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• lolnortherner living in the southe does not count
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• south
    Anonymous

• Yes I know what you mean. It is not being mean or anything, it is just craving what is familiar! I will take the whole bunch of them, weirdo's and all, just to see their faces!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Of course. I think it's natural to feel homesick for the surroundings and way of life that you are used to, once you've been away from it. I went to school in Atlanta, and although I loved it and had the time of my life, I so missed sunny California and diversity of the Oakland/San Francisco Bay. There is no place like it. And it's what I know.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:00 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i would if i was ever taken out of the SF bay area thats for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No, I feel more comfortable around my in-laws than my family at times. They are also American, but different race.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i dont see how a Northern living in the South doesnt count i think it does but personally I do and i dont feel that way.. some days i do but most days i dont
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 3:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2009