How old was your baby when he/she started walking?

My daughter is 18 months old and still doesn't walk w/o holding a hand. Our doctor said he is not concerned as long as we aren't. She will walk ALL DAY if you hold her hand. Lol.

Our other two children walked at 12 month and 14 months but we totally understand that every child is different. I'm just curious when your son/daughter started walking.

I've heard several people say so-and-so didn't walk until they were 20 months, etc. so I know it's not unheard of. But she's just so huge to be carrying around! Especially since I'm pregnant! Lol.

Ok, enough blabbering about ME and MY kids. How old was YOUR baby?

fluud7

Asked by fluud7 at 1:14 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was walking unaided at 91/2 months old, in the house. Outdoors at 10 months old. My daughter was 10 months old when she started walking, now that she's 12 years old she likes to speed walk with me.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 1:25 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My son was 12 months old
    NicksMom11385

Answer by NicksMom11385 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i don't really know how old babies are when they start talking but if yours is talking already you can try putting a bandaid on your hand and say its hurt and that she has to do you a big favor and walk all by her self for once.. or one on your belly so you don't have to carry her... my mother in law put bandaids on her nipples when she was ready to have my brother in law stop breast feeding.. worked for her maybe apply the method somewhere else good luck..
    btw my baby is 2 months 2 weeks and 2 days so long story short she isn't walking yet
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Mine was close to 18 months, but she has developmental delay and low muscle tone.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• my baby was 8 1/2 months when she started walking
    chaotic627

Answer by chaotic627 at 2:27 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• 10 months, 9 months and 11 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My oldest started walking a day after he turned 1 and my youngest started at 10 mths. Personally, yours probably sees your hand as the security they want to feel when they walk. But one of my nephews...they didn't start walking until about 18 mths. He crawled everywhere. Wanna know why? From what we all figured out, it was because he figured it was quicker. lol Once he realized he couldn't crawl everywhere all the time, he just got up and finally started to walk. lol
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 9:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My oldest daughter was walking by herself at 8 in a half months
    my youngest daughter is 14 months now and has been walking since she was I can't remember 10 or 10 in a half months
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2009