Need computer advice

My husband just got a laptop through his job and neither of us are very knowledgeable about them. How do we connect it to our desktop. I think it has a wireless connection.

TomsMom

Asked by TomsMom at 1:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Do both computers have wireless? I'm pretty sure that both have to be connected to the same wireless network as each other in order to work together.
    DellaF88

Answer by DellaF88 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You just open the network connection and find your network from your desk top. Usually when they hook up your main computer, they tell you what your code is so you can add additional computers throughout your home. If you don't know it, see if it comes up as unlocked. If so then you need to call them and ask them for the code.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• if it has a wireless connection you should be able to do it.... what kind of network do you have on your desktop? for ex: ours is private so if people try to connect to us they can't ( its good bc people can search bad things like child porn and stuff and its recorded on ur signal).. if u have a public connection tell him to look on bottom right on computer (laptop) and find the two little computer monitors together and right click... you then should have the option to "connect to a network" depending on where you live you may be able to pick up a few... try all till you get connected
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have no idea what my desktop capabilities are. I only know that the laptop is wireless. We have a cable connection on the desktop does that mean it's already rigged for wireless? I thought we needed a router or some other thingamabob to connect the two? I'll try this weekend.
    TomsMom

Answer by TomsMom at 5:30 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I tried for MONTHS to connect my laptop to my husband's desktop! It's been a year and I still haven't figured out how!. The only I figured out is that they can't be online and networked to each other at the same time.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Te only way to do this is to get a router and connect them through that
    cnetlady

Answer by cnetlady at 10:21 AM on Jan. 17, 2010