Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any divorced women in Vancouver who can help me?

so long story short, my husband and I both want to get a divorce but what are my rights and can I be able to get full custody of my child. the only reason he wants to try for joint is cause he doesn't want to pay child support. plus he kicked us out and told the two of us to leave, its been 5 months and he didn't ask once to see his daughter. and he doesn't even see her 20 minutes a week. he makes about or at least brings home 2,700 a month and he is saying that $125 is more then enough per month. My name is still on his bank account and my unemployment gets transferred into that account so since I have a debit card to that account would I be able to go down and file for divorce on my own? and do I have to wait to apply for anything the state might offer me until its filed? we are not legally separated or divorced yet. I'm just really scared and I don't know what to do.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • LOL sorry I mean Vancouver, WA

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • i would be getting money out of that joint account and putting it into your own.. because your married you have every right to an account in your name and might as well put it into your own account.. or at least some.. to make up for the time he kicked you out and hasn't seen her and then get witnesses like friends family co workers to prove how he has acted.. even teachers if they noticed a difference in your daughter since he kicked you out.. you won't get paid for what you spent on where ever your living because your still sharing the account but you will get custody- pm me for more advice if you need it

    Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • if i was you this is what i would do go to the court house get the papers and file them out the best you can ask for a pack 10 or the papers for if you cant affort to pay for it.. once its filed out take it to the court house see the facilitater sure thats spelled wrong but oh well...
    then go to DSHS with the papers and show them you filed.. then they will set a court order, for childsupport faster, and will get u all the help you need... and 125 isnt okay.. live in everett myself.. love Vancouver :) been true this myself.. if you need someone to talk to your got some more questions just pm me

    Answer by miss_nevin at 3:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.