medical questoin please help

okay so the last two days i have had shooting pains down both legs i woke up from a nap today with the pain to discover that my right leg from the knee down was purple and numb. it got its color back about 25-30 minutes later after moveig it around is this normal my doctor said the shooting pains could be the baby on a nerve but the turning purple and going numb is that normal i mean im only 20 weeks pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Health

• No, it isn't normal. It means there was a stoppage of blood flow at some point. Did you tell the doctor about the color change? It could be something to be concerned about. I would insist the doctor see you immediatly and rule out blood clots and problems. JMO. I am not a doctor though.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:32 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Go to the ER asap. Blood clots are dangerous.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 2:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Okay, maybe I panicked... My SIL died from blood clots. Yours may not be. Your leg could turn purple from slow circulation too. Just make sure. If the doc already advised you there is no need to panic.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 2:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I dunno flymom, that was my gut reaction also.

OP- Do you have a spot on your leg that is red and hot to the touch? If so, go the ER immediatly.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:47 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• go to the ER NOW
    SonjaSC

Answer by SonjaSC at 4:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2009