How many of you practice AP (attatchment parenting)?

I do. Just wondering....

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 2:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I AP to the less extreme. I have room shared with my DSS for a year and a half. We co sleep sometimes. I plan on room sharing when i have my own baby until the baby is out of diapers. I do plan on baby wearing. I used to co-bathe with my DSS (he's too old for that IMO now). But yeah. I do a lot of the things that AP parents do. But i also do a lot of things that AP parents would criticize me for. I dont fit fully in any category.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• What is attachment parenting? I guess I could google it, but I'm asking anyway.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 2:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• www.attachmentparenting.org/principles/principles.php
    I am not very good at explaining it. It is a style of parenting.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I did naturally, I wasn't even aware of what it was until someone told me about it, so I got a book about it and realized that everything AP is about I all ready to
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• except for the discipline idea they have or the cosleeping, I guess I did it with my kids and I do it with my grandkids too. To me it seems like they are against spanking. Sorry, when it's needed there is NOTHING wrong with a swat on the behind.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• reading that thats what i do, but i thought that was normal and what you should do anyway...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I didn't do co-sleeping, my son was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. I also didn't snuggle carry him, (bad back). He was never fearful of being away from us. The things about responding sensitively and helping him develop compasion and letting things develop naturally are common sense. I don't think I use this type of parenting though. I let my son have a lot of autonomy.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 2:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I don't. THEY do.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 5:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I consider myself an AP mom, though I didn't realize it was a 'method' when I had my first child. It was just what worked for us. I continue to do what works for us, which tends to fall in line with the AP philosophy most of the time. However I don't put any method ahead of my own common sense and instincts, I wouldn't choose something that felt foreign to me just because it falls under the AP philosophy.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:14 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Not my style, but it looks like a wonderful way to raise your children.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 8:20 AM on Mar. 27, 2009