could this work?

im just speaking metaphorically here.. but you know how your metabolism slows down while you sleep? well, what if someone only sleeps a couple hours a night, does that mean their metabolism will be faster for a longer peiod of time and they will lose weight that way? (im NOT going to try this, i was just thinking about it randomly.. trust me, i LOVVVE my sleep!)

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 2:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• no that will not work. You need to get a good night sleep or your body starts storing fat cells thinking it needs the energy. Also when you or over tired you are more likely to grab high carb/high sugar snacks because your body needs the extra energy and just wants a kick.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 2:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Hmmm...interesting question. I would guess that if you are sleep deprived this would slow your metabolism too. Now I have to google to see if I can find the answer...
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 3:00 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• What happens is you put too much pressure on your adrenals and they can actually burn out. Read about how medical students make it through. Most of them resort to medications that keep them awake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Not sleeping enough will slow your metabolism down. Also - your metabolism does not slow down when you sleep.
    For example - if you eat before you exercise, it's not the calories that you just ate that are burned during exercise, it's the calories that have already been digested that are being burnt.
    You should eat at least 30 minutes before exercising because that kicks your metabolism into gear to begin burning more calories.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• NOOOO im nbot sleeping b/.c of my baby at night and my dr said that can be why im not loosing weight, sleep has ALOT to do with dieting
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• New studies are showing that those who get at least 8 hours of sleep lose weight easier.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I wish I could sleep more at night. Most study shows that good and adequate sleep helps in weight loss. The way I see it, the more I sleep, the less I eat.
    Putchings

Answer by Putchings at 11:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• no.

without proper sleep your body cant function properly.

metabolism is all about being healthy...no quick fix's no bullshit diets or schemes. eating healthy, watching your calories that fit your bmi level, watching your protein/carb/fat ratio and exercising.

its why so many people are overweight now a days. they think they can go on binge diets and pop pills and be lean. it doesnt work tha way
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• HELL NO! your body is loosing cals all the time, even when you are asleep its like 70 cals per hour BUT its not good to over sleep cause it makes your metab slow down so just eat good metab foods, like FIBER and take vitimin b complex
    tonipaffel

Answer by tonipaffel at 12:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Sleep is an important factor in weight loss and for good health.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 1, 2009