going to school for ultrasound..

im currently going to school for ultrasound. but im not really sure what to do next. i've taken my gen ed's, biology, medical terminology, ill be taking chemistry this semester, and anatomy and physiology next semester. what other classes should i be taking? i've tried looking at my local college's website but that doesn't seem to give me much info on this.

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 2:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• theres no one u can talk to at ur school? sorry i have no clue
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 2:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• ultrasound tech is called something else. Its a degree like sonograph or something. Its under your college catalog in the medical section and it talks about places you can work.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 11:31 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Where do you go to school for this? I live in New Jersey and wanted to take some classes. Do you need to have a degree or is it a certification?
    Thanks
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• you can take classes at a community college. and you need a degree.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 6:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• If you are taking courses by piecemeal (one at a time on what you think builds a good 'degree') and you are now questioning what you should do, then it is time to enroll in an accredited college offering radiology degrees with a specialty in ultrasonography. They will help you to obtain an actual degree so that you can take the certification exam and be able to obtain a job in that field.
    Without a degree or certification you cannot get a job, or even be taken seriously enough to obtain a job interview.
    Trust me, it is time for you to enroll in a college and stop taking classes one at a time that will not give you an actual degree in the end.
    Best wishes to you!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2009