Asthma

My dog starts to hack just out of no where sometimes. Could it be that she has asthma? It sounds like she has trouble breathing when she does that and sometimes it last a couple of minutes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pets

• my dog used to do that, no idea why, i always just assumed he had a dry throat, or a tickle, hahaha, like how people get a tickle in their throat to cough, or a hair, or hairs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• oh and hes fine by the way. his check ups at the vet always come back normal
    Anonymous

• It sounds like reverse sneezing, which is normal. One of mine does it more often than the other. When my husband was doing a lot of work on our house, she would do it even more than normal. Sometimes you can get them to stop by rubbing their throat.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2009