Amounts of formula

Hi, I'm Erin and I'm new here. My little man Luke is 4 1/2 months and I have a question about formula amounts. His stats are as follows:

Birth: 8 lb 7 oz
1 month: 10 lbs 6 oz
2 months: 13 lbs 7 oz
4 months: 15 lbs 14 oz

My question is...he is only eating around 24 ounces a day...sometimes more (most has been 28, and sometimes less around 22 oz). He is having plenty of wet diapers, and seems to be happy but we just can't get him to eat more. We offer a bottle every 3-4 hours with at least 6 oz in it and sometimes he's just not interested in eating much. We think he may be teething but really he's always been like this. I'm just worried because 1) he hasn't doubled his birth weight and 2) he's dropped in percentiles.

The pedi doesn't seem concerned but I am!! Any advice? Anyone else had a baby that only took around this many ounces? Thanks in advance!!!

LukesMommainTX

Asked by LukesMommainTX at 3:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't worry hunny as long as he is eating when he feels hungry and peeng enough and the pedi says he is ok then it will be fine. Just watch in a few months at around six months probably he will hit a growth spurt and then he will eat and eat until you think he can't possibly eat anymore and yet he will keep going and after that his ounce amount per day should go up and stay up until he gets on solid foods. Good luck!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 3:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My dd rarely took more than 28 ouces each day. She small, but fine. As long as baby is eating and gaining weight and seeing a doc regularly, don't worry bout it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• my dd is 4months and 11lbs and her birth weight was 8lb11oz..he shold be fine....my pedi was concerned about my daughter becuase she has acid reflux/gerd
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Your son will let you know if he is hungry. No worries, it sounds like you're both doing fine. Good luck.
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009