is anyone eles husband freaking out worse than you are

my husband is freaking out every little thing the doctor visits not haveing a collage fund going yet. the economy and just about being a new dad he actully cried like hard core crying i have never seen him do this exempt for when i had surgery, and every time i have a little ach or pain he freaks out and thinks i need to go to the hospital. im afraid he is putting to much stress on himself and he is going to have a meltdown has this happened to anyone eles? iv tried talking to him and it just makes it worse he is afraid he well get laid off next (wich is very unlikly) what do i do with him? is this just normal and i need to ride it out or should i get him some counseling a therapist i just dont know what to do anymore please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well his response seems a little over the top for a "normal" man, but really....what's normal?

it's perfectly natural for a man to feel responsible for his family. he's SUPPOSED to feel that way. but utterly fretting about things all the time is unhealthy.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:55 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Is your husband a reader at all? You could get him a book for new fathers. My MIL sent my husband The New Father's Panic Book. My husband isn't the freak out type, but he read it anyway. He's also read a good portion of the What to Expect When You're Expecting book and he reads sections of the pregnancy magazines that I get. Maybe reading about the changes you're going through and seeing that they are normal might get him to calm down a bit. As for worrying about getting laid off which you say is unlikely I can't help you with that. I don't know what your financial situation is, but if you are able to you can go ahead and start a college fund for your child. I plan on setting up ours in my last trimester and then having the money start going there in September (I'm due in August). Even if all the extra money you have is $50 a month, it's better than nothing and will get you started so you can add more when you can.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• dont feel bad mines the same way he didnt want any help for like welfare but when his boss cut his hours we had no choice but to get help and he had no ins. and he is the type that want to do everything his self like i dont work and it drives me crazy but that how he wants it and he will have it no other way so he knows nothing will happen to his frist
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• no my husband isnt like that but he is worried about the income . yes it is not likely he wil be laid off but the airlines are cutting so many people lately so if they decide to cut 60 more then he is out .
    he does worry about every little pain i have and wants to run to the hospital to make sure we are both ok but i have been a high risk pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• uhhh, don't tell him when ur in pain then unless it's something really bad or labor. he mightn have to go on meds if he's really stressed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2009