I am confused......PLEASE HELP...PCOS/hypothyroidism/cyst/HELP

I was told by one dr that gave my an ultrasound that I do ovulate and I am able to have kids, but that I also have Cysts and that my eggs are in my cyst and they are "inmature". And then not to long ago I was told by my OBGYN that only did a pap and bloodwork that I had PCOS. Even if you have PCOS do you still ovulate normally?!?! I have a period every month. Not always on the same day each month it differs every month. But I do still have one every month...I am just really really confused about all of this. Why would my one dr check me for fertility issues and say I am fine, and then my OBGYN say I have PCOS?!?! I also have hypothyroidism

Jess21143

Asked by Jess21143 at 5:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well both doc probably are right for checking everything you said. PCOS causes you to be infertile. Take it from me, I have PCOS and my husband and I have been trying for baby #2 for over 8 months now and nothing. So I decided to see my OBGYN and thats when I found out that I had little bitty cyst around my overies then diagnosed with PCOS. My periods unlike yours are very irregular, I will go three months with out a period and then get them regular all of the sudden. I figured that your doctor would have already offered Clomid to you (fertility drug). Some doctors will make you wait forever befor giving any fertility drugs thats why you have to find the right doctor. The day that I found out that I had aPCOS I took a blood test to double check to make sure Im not pregnant and then my OBGYN told me she was going to start me on Provera to make my body have a period. Then on day 3-7 of bleeding I would start Clomid. This drug...
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:15 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• hey girl. i have pcos and even though I get a period, i didn't ovulate until I got put on Metformin, and then I was on clomid, and ovidrel to try and get pregnant, and that started my ovulation cycle again..
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 9:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• continued.... matures your folicals so that you can ovulate. My doctor wants me back in 21 days after I started my period so she can test to see if I ovulated. They start you out on the lowest dose of Clomid and then see if you ovulated and if not then they bump you up to the next dose. Im about to start Clomid less then a week cause I just finished my last dose of Provera and I should get a period soon. Talk to your doctor though and see what they will do to help you. Good luck and let me know if you have any more ?s
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Thanks you for all your answers!! I am currently on Clomid and Metformin and Levo<- that one is for my hypothyroidism.
    Jess21143

Answer by Jess21143 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2009