Obama approves Afghanistan troop increase ..................

Ok, this is not a :he can't win for losing Q". I think the gov't NEEDS to go after The Taliban and al Qaeda. I think changing the name from enemy combatants as stupid but meh, ok.

BUT wasn't his CORE voting block screaming for the troops to come home? ALL of them. I jnow the argument "the war in IRAQ was the problem, not our war, blah blah" , But I DO remember him saying people were coming home. Isn't he just re routing them elsewhere? HAS he brought a significant amount home yet? If you are an Obama suporter, is this a decision you can get behind?

oh and....
The increased troop levels are expected to last three to four years. Isn't that right around the NEXT election time? Coincidence?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 5:14 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:18 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have to admit ,I don't understand a lot about politics,but I keep hearing people say he is sending troops home,but My nephew is going to be deployed next month,and a friend of mine will be deployed in July.I'm not bashing Obama,I did'nt vote for him,but I am confused.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• He said during the campaign that troops are needed in Afghanistan.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• A bunch were just deployed yesturday from Knoxville,TN
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Anon 9:24 is right.

I heard that all through the campaign. He said repeatedly that the greater need is Afghanistan, that's where it started and that's where it should end. Somehow we got sent to Iraq. Wonder who did that bullishtery?
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 9:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I do agree with going after the terrorists and yeah meh name change...I still say terrorists

I am conservative so obviously i'm not for most of what Obama wants but this I don't disagree with and pray for our troops God keep them and give them what they need.

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• He kept saying take the Troops out of Iraq. I do believe they should be going to Afghanistan. The soldiers know they are needed in Afghanistan most of them will be happy to be going there. There is a clear cut mission and reason for being in Afghanistan.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• He promised to bring the troops home from Iraq- his plan is to pull out of there and focus on Afghanistan- and that scares the living day light out of me.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Throughout his campaing he said the focus was going to shift towards Afghanistan and he is keeping his word. Whether it scares the living daylights out of you, zata, there have never been enough troops in there. He promised to shift the priority to Afghanistan so if you were paying attention to the campaign, this should not be a surprise.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I understand there- but it scares me knowing that is where my husband will inevitably be headed soon
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2009