i really need some advice

my boyfriend and father of my daughter has a panic dissorder and agorafobia (cant leave his house very often). i have learned to deal with it but ever since i had our daughter 4 months ago he is acting like he doesnt even want to be with me. all we do is fight and he wont actually sit down and have a mature convo. it is difficult for both of us as it is cuz im only 17 and live at my mothers but hes 25 and lives at his mothers too. i love him but im getting fed up and im not sure what to do.

indecisive_mama

Asked by indecisive_mama at 5:28 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't take it personally. These disorders he's trying to deal with make life very difficult. Is he getting any treatment for these? That's super important, I can't stress how important it is. He's just going to keep getting worse, no matter how many talks you two have his brain is still going to be malfunctioning on him. Good luck girl!
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 5:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You just need to space from him. Let things work itself out. He might be actin like that now but if he really loves you he will change. Dont call him as much. But if things still dont seem to go right then just leave him alone and take care of that beautiful child you have. Theres other guys in this world. Somebody better than him that will treat you like a queen girl. I know its hard now because youre young
    Buttah51

Answer by Buttah51 at 8:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I don't understand why people tell women there are "other guys out there" like she NEEDS another guy!! I would suggest you learn to be happy and joyful with your daughter. Learn to enjoy your own company. Learn to be your own person and love who you are and show that to your daughter. That being yourself and enjoying life is important. Then and only then are you truly ready to be part of a couple. Don't let his "toxic" life seep into your daughter's. Yes, that is her dad, yes, you may love him, but he should NOT become the center of your and her's. It is like an addict--people get so caught up in dealing with the addict--they forget to LIVE their OWN lives. The addict becomes the center and all revolves around either trying to make them not use, control their use, blah, blah, blah:-) BUT you can learn to be on "your own" and make a good life with your little girl.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2009