What can i use on his skin for his excema

Ashley469

Asked by Ashley469 at 6:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The mixture used in this study is not commercially available but may be made at home by combining equal parts of raw (unprocessed) honey, beeswax, and cold pressed olive oil. Start with a small amount of each ingredient (e.g., one or two tablespoons). Begin by melting the beeswax in a small pan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Once melted, remove it from the heat and mix in the honey, then the olive oil, stirring the mixture until well blended. While the mixture is still warm, pour it into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. The mixture should keep for up to three months. A few drops of vitamin E oil (from a gel cap) may be added to each batch for longer shelf life, and to enhance its healing properties.

This truly works wonderfully...........

http://www.denvernaturopathic.com/honeyandeczema.html
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My son and daughter had a mild case of excema. The best thing that worked for both of them was to apply baby oil or baby oil gel on their skin while still wet after the bath. I was told by my pediatrician that anything containing artificial scents or ingredients would make the excema worse especially Johnson and Johnson.
    You can also use Aveeno Oatmeal in the bath, it's in the baby aisle. The oatmeal helps keep moisture in the skin.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 8:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My son has eczema (10 months) and I use Aveeno Soothing Relief and Aquaphor. Johnson & Johnson made it worse, just like the PP said. Make sure to lather them up really well after the bath, and don't rub the water off but pat it off.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have tried many things. My son had it bad behing his knees and in the creases in his arms. What worked for me was Euceren cream. It is in a jar sold over the counter. My pedi recommended it. Also I would bathe him every other day only (unless he needed it) and would use the Aveeno oatmeal bath. For what its worth he has pretty much grown out of it. It was real bad from the age of 2-5yrs but it is not so bad now. Good luck to you!!
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 8:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• my daughter is 8.5 and has eczema. she has to have hydrocortizone cream for her face and a stronger more ointment type for behind her knees and other body areas. both are prescriptions. she had it pretty bad. i use baby oil in her bath. her doctor said to pat her dry and to immediately put on a strong lotion (i use aveeno baby lotion) to seal in as much moisture as possible. I have to put lotion on her everytime we change her diaper and the creams go on twice a day whenever she is broke out. otherwise, i don't use it.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i meant 8.5 months!
    aly38914290

• All of the pp's are good, but if you don't have any aveeno oatmeal bath, put a 1/2-1 cup of real oatmeal in a warm tub of water...
    Works wonders for me and I have had exzma since birth 45 yrs ago...
    If it's to itchy thou try some over the counter anti-itch cream... just a little will do wonders ...
    and to help control the outbreaks, use an extremely mild washing powder for your child's clothing and wash their laundry seperate from all the others...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:15 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• We doused my son's legs in Aquaphor and then put his PJ's on. When it flares up again (mostly in the winter) this is what we do. Eucerine also works very well.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• They have some baby exema creams, but I like vasaline or Aquaphor too.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My aunt's bf had really bad excema and she used Noxema on her bad spots. Worked like a charm. And helped with the flair ups. She also used it on her son because he had bad spots as well, he is 5 now and doing much better. Good luck!
    Galdarisimom

Answer by Galdarisimom at 1:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2009