what is Fenugreek for?

ive only been a mom for 21 days now. i dont really know lot about this kinda of stuff. im trying to breastfeed twin boys with not much luck but anyway. if someone can tell me what this is and what it has to do with gas and ur baby it really help. cuz one of my son has lot of gas/belly probles and if this would help him i want to know please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is supossed to help you produce milk better,my neices Lactation Nurse told her to use fenugreek,and Blessed Thistle.Congradulation on your boys ,you got a double blessing.And Good luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:27 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I used Fenugreek with blessed thistle and it did seem to help but I was told it had to be within the first few weeks of birth or it wouldn't work. Mind you I would still give it a try. Your supposed to take 2 pills 3 times a day of the fenugreek, even though on the bottle it says 1, 3 times a day. Eventually you'll start to smell like the pills, almost like a curry scent, that's when you know they are starting to work. My little girl is 4 weeks on Sunday and she breastfed all night without formula for the first time, so hang in there and try your breast :)
    Liv32

Answer by Liv32 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2009