First time cruise ....HELP pls????

my husband and i want to take a summer cruise but don't know whether we should use a travel agent or go directly thru cruise line? Any help on this ould be great.....

katt7

Katt7

Asked by Katt7 at 6:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Travel

• I would think going through the cruise line would be cheaper..but then again a travel agent could have some good deals?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• We took a cruise for our honeymoon. We used a travel agent because she found a better deal. I went online to check prices directly with the cruiseline and then called a travel agent and compared prices. Hers was much cheaper. Make sure you know exactly when you want to go (with in a week or two) and good luck~! It was the best vacation we have ever took!!
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 8:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I sent you a PM to be my friend. I love talking cruising!! Besides food it is my favorite subject! I have been on a few and know quite a bit of inside tips ( especialy about getting a good deal!)
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I am travel agent, email me at haveablesstravel@hotmail.com if you like. The first thing is were would you like to go? how long would your to go on the cruise for. Do you want a pacakge curise including flight. The are so many options out there. I never been on a cruise but done alot of traveling, I have friends and family that have been on them and they like them, I haven't been because the hubby is not a fan, ( will need to go with out him..lol)

If not with me I hope you find what you are looking for.
    Blesstravelmom

Answer by Blesstravelmom at 6:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• We have booked direct and we have used our travel agent. We normally compare prices with expedia and the cruise line direct. In our experience the travel agent has always been able to match the online price and in some cases beat it. What I like is that the payment options are normally better with a travel agent and if they book a certain company a lot they may be able to help you get some extra perks. They should also have feedback from other passengers that have been on the same ship and sailed with the same company.
    eg there is a room on Disney that is directly above a crew door, you don't want it unless you are a very heavy sleeper. if you go to bed early you don't want to be under the disco. If you sleep in you don't want to be under the anchor if there are a lot of early port days that require the anchor to be dropped. I think I have done 6 cruises but my dh has done over 30. Let me know if you have any q's
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2009