Is there a better way to sell items other than on Ebay?

I've always used Ebay in the past to buy items and now I'm venturing into the selling side but I'm curious what other options are there besides Ebay? I know there's Craigslist but is that safe? I've heard a lot of negative things about Craigslist. Are there fees for using Craigslist or another auction site? If so,what are they?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• On Craigslist we sold a dining set and had no problems! Nor did we have to pay any fees! If it is clothing you can try consignment.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• When I use Craigslist, I get several emails from scammers. It's normal. You just have to be careful and make sure you're dealing with local people. Don't take paypal or money orders for any of the products. Craigslist is great for selling locally.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• you could also try uanditrade.com
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I use craigslist. Just deal locally. And make sure you post that on your ad. "LOCAL TRANSACTIONS ONLY" Or else you get people in Zimbabwe trying to convince you to cash checks to your account and send part back. My ex got screwed that way.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 1:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2009