Do I call the doctor?

My 8 week old has a stuffy/runny nose. She's been more fussy than usual, but eating okay. Since she's been born I have been using babycenter.com to read about everything I need advice on. It seems like a pretty reliable source. It says that anytime a baby shows signs of illness you should call the doctor. But it's just some nose gunk, should I really bother?

CaylaLU

Asked by CaylaLU at 7:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Elevate her head.
    Steam her in the bathroom once a day and suction out what you can.
    Saline nasal drops at every other diaper change to help keep things loose and suction if you can.
    Run a humidifier in her room.
    Tylenol for discomfort.

Don't suction too often or it can cause the nasal passages to swell making it more difficult for her to breathe.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:47 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• With the child being so young I think I would take them just to get checked out. You always have to be on the safe side. =)
    kimskillern

Answer by kimskillern at 7:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• TiccledBlue is right,I'm sure that is what they will tell you to do also,good luck,and I she feels better,it is so hard to see your little one sick.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2009