be honest people

how many of you kept the crib bumpers in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had crib bumpers for all three of my kids. In fact my oldest (15) I was told the safest place for her to sleep was ,gasp, her stomach.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I did I never had a problem with my girls rolling around until they got older then we took them out!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• with my oldest...he had bumpers and a thick blanket, on top of his undershirt and blanket sleeper in the winter, and on his stomach!! My twins (17 years later) were in the crib with a bumper and my boy slept on his Boppy because he had so much trouble with reflux...
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 8:28 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I only used them for a couple months with my oldest. They were a pain in the butt and stupid so I took them out and never put them back in.
    I think they are dumb. You have to take them out once they start pulling up for safety reasons (my kids started pulling up at 6-7 months) but before that my kids barely ever rolled around to need them.
    The only reason I used the one with my oldest was that it was a gift. I would never buy them for myself.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I never take mine out (except to be washed occasionally). I never really understood what the purpose of taking them out was. Anyone care to enlighten me?

We have also slept our kids on their stomach. OMGOODNESS!!!!!!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have one but never used it because it was a pain to put it on. Plus I would have to fight with it every time I had to change the sheets. So goodbye to that.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i have breathable bumpers =D
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:56 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My baby's crib bumpers have been on since day one. She doesn't pull at them and they are tied really tight. Besides, I paid alot of money for those bumpers!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I had them on because my lil one was a maniac when she slept. She would roll all over the crib banging into the bars. I took them out like everyone said so she wouldn't climb out. Well 2 weeks later (and a few bonks to the noggin) i come in the room to find her swinging herself over the top bar of the crib. She was 10 months old. That was her last nap in a crib I went out and got a bed.
    dharmas_mommy

Answer by dharmas_mommy at 9:11 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• we had the bumpers in for about 2 weeks because they were such a pain to put up and when i had to change the sheets they got in the way. so we decided it wasnt worth it. my dd never missed them.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2009