If you met a 23 yr old who had an 11 yr old brother would you assume the brother was adopted?

GRR! everyone tells me how nice it is that my mom and dad adopted my lil brother.. well not people who know us but when i tlak to peopl online or even aournd where i live who dont know my family.. the think he adopted just because of the age.. he is NOT! he was a little surprise blessing... so im just wondering why people assume hes adopted? and if thats the norm?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I probably wouldn't think anything about it.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't think that. I have an older brother and sister who are 20 and 21 years older than me. My mom was married twice. Had me and my twin brother at 39. Every family has different situations.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't think anything about it. Heck, I'm 20, and my mom is wanting to have another one, her youngest is 14, lol.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:14 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I wouldnt think that... my girlfriend has a brother the same age as my daughter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't but that's bc I'm surrounded w families who have kids years & years apart. In fact I have uncles younger than me. People just don't think before they speak & that's where a lot of problems come from
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 8:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No, I wouldn't assume he was adopted due to his age.
    BubNSoap

Answer by BubNSoap at 8:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• wow, I have never come across that and my kids are 17 years apart....my oldest is almost 21 and my twins are just 3...........
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 8:25 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• no. I have a 13 year age difference with my kids. I wouldn't think anything.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:25 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't think that. I know a couple that went thru invitro to get pregnant w/ their first son. Then when the boy was a freshman or so in HS she had another baby by suprise. A few years later, she had one going to college, and one starting kindergarten.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:33 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• nope, definitely wouldn't. that's not that unusual of an age difference.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2009