• In the Spotlight:

Have you ever taken your kids to school in your pj's?

It amazes me how many mothers I see wearing their pajama's in the morning when I take my kids to school. And I'm not talking about the mom's who just drive them and drop them off, but the ones who get out and walk their kids into the school. I'm a sahm and I admit that I don't get up and curl my hair or put on makeup just to take my kids to school but do at least put on a t shirt and sweat pants?

I'm not trying to bash anyone or start an arguement just asking a question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with previous poster. What is this teaching our children? I can't imagine a truly successful person going anywhere in public wearing PJs. Do you see your family doctor running to the store in PJs? Your Lawyer? Your local news anchors? People really do treat you differently when you look like you have made an effort.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 11:18 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have a couple of times when my 2nd grader missed the bus. Too funny. I was wearing my Betty Boop pajama bottoms. Had to bring him in the office. I admit it's because I was too lazy to change. Whatever.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I am a SAHM and I drive my kids to school everyday. I always plan whether or not i'm going into the school to decide if have to change my clothes. Mostly i'm in sweatpants anyways. Don't think I could ever wear PJ's w/like clouds, moons and stars all over them in public. lol
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• yeah,when My kids were little,I was taking them to school,but not going in,I live very close to the school,and on my way back,I had a flat,and had to walk the rest of the way,I just had a night shirt on ,that barely covered my butt,I was bare footed,frost on the ground,so I was holding my shirt over my butt,cutting across yards,getting home as fast as I could. Lesson learned lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i pretty much wear my pjs when i take mine to school everyday but i wear sweat pants and stuff as my pjs so it dont really look like my pjs but im to lazy to change plus im not impressing anyone so i dont care
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My daughter isn't in school yet. But I've gone to the gas station in my pajama pants. I have cute pajama pants!! lol
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 8:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I sleep in either t shirt and sweat pants or tee shirt and warm up pants, so I take my kids to school in mine all the time!
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• LOL! I haven't, but just a few days ago, my 17 yo DD took her BF to work when she was still wearing hers. :) I think they're past the point of thinking they have to impress each other. :)
    LIZARD66

Answer by LIZARD66 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Well in our area pj bottoms seem to have become standard fashion. You see them in stores and schools and sporting events. I think they are just like sweats only more fun because they are cute and come in many different styles. I think if I had to walk my kids in I would throw on jeans or something. My mom on occasion drove us to school with curlers/rollers in her hair...talk about embarassing! :(
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I know lots of teachers. You don't want to know what they say about moms like that. You maysay "I don't care what other people think of me". That's all well and good but you are representing your family not just yourselves. I put on clothes before I go out in public. Pajamas are for sleeping in. Being lazy makes you look...well...lazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Mar. 27, 2009