At the risk of sounding totally full of myself...

I was just looking at all my "old" pics & saw a pic of me in a bikini & OMG! I was friggin' gorgeous! I had little arms & the perfect stomach (I was 19) wearing my sz. 3 jeans. Now, I'm only freshly 22, but I'm 9 months pregnant w/ #2 &, well, that picture really got me thinking how much I would love to have that body again. I didn't get big w/ my 1st child (115 pre-preg to 125 post-preg), but I want to have the tiny sz. 3, 115 lb. body again. As hard as I tried last summer, I just couldn't get there (I did get to 120, but just for a few months). I've only gained 25 lbs. w/ this 2nd pregnancy so far (36wks.), so I'm not worried about losing that baby weight... I guess I'm mostly worried about getting toned back up. Is there any way to get back to my pre-childbearing body? I can't afford the gym right now, but I used to never need the gym... I was constantly on the go... now I stay at home in a tiny apt. cleaning all day

mrsvedaj

Asked by mrsvedaj at 8:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• join some work out groups on here. they have tons of ideas, support, and challenges to get you and keep you in shape! Congrats btw!!
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 9:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would get some home workout DVD's or maybe some free weights (they are not to expensive). It does not sound like you will have to hard of a time with the weight. For toning maybe do basic exersises like push ups, sit ups, crunches, squats, idk I'm not a expert make sure you wait until the doc says you can sart working out again.
    kristinmamaof2

Answer by kristinmamaof2 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Do you have cable? Look & see if you have OnDemand, if so they have free workout videos for everything imaginable! Go walking. For toning LIFT THOSE KIDS! lol. seriously they can be great weights! and they will have fun too.. Using your own body weight is great too just the basic situps/ squats ect can do alot of good.
    While your cleaning- Dance. while your doing the dishes do squats, while cooking use your counter to do raised pushups or grab a chair & do arm exersizes (sit, then lower ur butt off chair towards floor, pulling yourself back up with arms-dont know what the exersize is called lol)
    play time put your kids on ur belly & lift your butt. use them as leg lifts.
    u dont need a gym, just a lil creativity! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• All the suggestions above are great! I just wanted to note that whether you will get THAT body back is partially based on genetics. Do you have stretchmarks (hypothetical question, you don't have to answer :-D ) Do you pregnancies leave you with loose skin even after the swelling goes down? Personally, I had the stretch marks but my skin was fairly tight before and has went back to normal quite nicely. If your are blessed with tight and elastic skin that does not have these issues, then yes you will be able to get your pre pregnancy body back. (My SIL has a stomach so smooth and flat I want to punch her sometimes. She has three kids, and no...no tummy tucks needed). But if you CAN't get exactly the way you were, don't feel bad about it. Your body accomplished wonderful things bringing your kids into the world. Wear any battle scars proudly! You can still get in shape, and learn to embrace your "new" mommy body.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'm taking a weight trainging class at the local community college. It's only 1 unit so it was $20 and if you apply for BOGG (google it if you're in California) you can go for free!
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 1:04 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You can lose weight with the natural vitamin I take , let me know if you like more info? Many moms have and are losing weight.. Read my journal posts..
    Have a great evening!
    Jen
    uniquecandle27

Answer by uniquecandle27 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2009