Daycare

I think that Daycare expense are to high. I pay $600.00 a month on Daycare alone.
Do you have any kids in daycare and what are you views on it.
Is it worth what you pay, do you think it should be less than what you already pay.

sugamama706

Asked by sugamama706 at 8:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• I begin daycare with my son on May 1. We are going to be paying 230 per week so a lot more than that, nearly 1000.00. I do think it is very expensive and probably should not be this pricey, but I do think daycare can be a good thing for a child and parent alike. I am sure it will be hard to leave him there especially my first week back to work.
    jennykid11

Answer by jennykid11 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I paid 560 a month for an infant. I thought it was horrible.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Wow, $600 is pretty cheap, in my eyes. Are you paying $600 for a full week, all day? If so, then I think you're getting a good deal.

We pay $336 ($84 per week) for our son to go for two days. I love our daycare and I'm happy that he is around caring people and kids his own age. I have to work so staying home was not an option for me.

If I had a full time job, and sending him there for the full week, we would be paying $210 per week, or $840 per month.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• The money that I made at the job before I had my daughter would have covered Daycare only... so noe I am not working. I sure wish I could to help to make ends meet, but no point in getting a paycheck to hand over to someone else ...
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 8:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Wow! Mine have never been in daycare. Who can afford to work? For some that is the whole paycheck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Lets see.. I pay 300 a month and thats great for me.. They do and get everything but diapers witch i bring.. They take great care of JB, if he needs medz or anything they will do it for me.. They love him and he loves it there.. Every morning will pull in and i turn and say "JB u ready to go" and he looks at the front window and says "bye" and thats before i even get him out of the car.. LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• That is why before you decide to have kids you have to sit down and look at your finaces.If you can afford to have oneor more.I had a daughter when I was single and I paid $600.00 per month thats cheap but then seven years later I had another one I was paying for the both of them 1000.00.I f you want proper daycare then get willing to pay .Mind you with my second I was married and now I had my third and now for the last two I still paid 1000.00.You get what you pay for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I pay 540 a month right now and will be paying 1,120 when the new baby is born. I guess I'm just used to it its the price you pay to contribute to your families needs ( I carry the health insurance) We planned our baby knowing how much daycare would cost so its no surprise to us how much it costs.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 11:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I live near San Francisco and the 4 daycares I checked are all around $800/month for full time and $600/month for part time. I don't know where anyone who replied lives but it looks like the price is similar everywhere else.
    starandseen

Answer by starandseen at 6:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2009