Obama Administration: They are Man Made Disasters, NOT Terrorists?

Examples like today's Suicide Bomber Killing 48 in Pakistan.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/28/world/asia/28pstan.html?_r=1&hp

How do you feel about this name change?

Hypothetical: How would you feel if text books were changed to teach children that "Man made disasters" attacked US soil in 2001?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think its lame. Terrorists attacked us just like they attack other countries. Plain and simple.

Answer by gemgem at 9:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• IMO~ the Obama Administration should put the Thesaurus down and call them what they are! TERRORISTS.

If text books were, hypothetically, changed to represent "man made disasters" inlo of Terrorists. I will be sure to take my kids to NYC and explain to them in person.~THEY WERE TERRORISTS... I will probably take them anyway. But I will not let some Political "Marketing" lighten up the truth.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:55 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• What is your point?It didn't happened in U.S. ,NOBODY DIDN'T ATTACK US WE SHOULD KEEP OUR NOSES OUT WHAT OTHER COUNTRIES DO.

AND i CAN SAY ONE THING WE HAVE PEOPLE WHO ARE WORKING TO KEEP US SAFE.So you think everybody should know what President or CIA or FBI are doing to keep us safe?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• IMO a man made disaster is someone starting a forest fire, a terrorist is not a man made disaster and sugar coating it isn't going to change that.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:16 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It's a NAME CHANGE? Who cares?
    Insurgents was a stupid name for people they couldn't properly identify.
    WTF is an INSURGENT?

Get out of here. Stop the complaining, it's BEEN old.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 9:17 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It's appeasement at its finest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think the term is stupid and I will teach my kids the proper terminology for exactly what causes these types of events.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:23 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• WTF is an INSURGENT?

Look it up in the dictionary...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You know grly, this has me thinking. I wonder how the families that lost loved ones to terrorist style attacks would react to such a passive reference? I am sure that many of the Obama supporters will forgive any silly names he brands these attacks with, but what about those that lose their loved one? IDK, it just seems wrong to make it sound flowery.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think it's about time we realized that occasionally, we've asked to be attacked. When you're, you know, the world power- when you control the weapons, the wealth, the food- people are going to be pissed.

I'm so sick of this false innocence. Those that attack aren't innocent- those that don't read briefs aren't innocent- those that set certain policies aren't innocent.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 9:30 AM on Mar. 27, 2009