IBS?

Nothing helps and I don't know how much more I can take. Some nights it wakes me up and I'm in pain for hours. Other times the pain is so bad that it makes me throw up. Has anyone found anything that helps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Health

• Are you sure that's what you have? I used to work in a Gastroenterology office and in learning everything I was taught that IBS is a matter of deduction. So many other diseases are ruled out before they can label it as such.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:32 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yes, I'm sure everything else was ruled out years ago. I have had all the fun test, and seen several different doctors and they are all in agreement that is what it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I know there is a pill they can give that stops (or controls) the spasms in the belly/digestive tract. This is what often is causing the pain. Do you have these?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Have you been checked for Celiac disease? I know one lady who went through a lot until she finally figured this out. She was told she had IBS but found the CAUSE was gluten in her diet. Now she eats a gluten free diet and the problems are gone.

Also--try researching it on Dr. John McDougall's site or www.greensmoothiegirl.com.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yes, Hycosimin that is prescribed from my doctor. Also, stay away from dairy products and fatty fried foods. That is what works for me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• there is another IBS medicine Dicyclomine...and it works great for me...mine gets so painful i almost pass out and then i throw up...

Dairy is a common trigger...even in people who are not lactose intolerant
    His_sweet_girl

Answer by His_sweet_girl at 11:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• if its IBS with constipation-alot more fiber,with diarrhea-cut back dramatically on fiber and fatty foods.Mine is helped by less fiber of the wheat variety,fruits are ok,but certain veggies make it flare up.you'll have to play around with foods to see what works for you.anti-spasmatics are usually prescribed-did you get them? I've found diet change helped more than the drugs.and drink lotsa water!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009