Lots of questions.. Illinois....

Will be taking my kids ages 8, 5, and 1, to the La Salle area in 2 weeks. Oldest gets to meet her dad for the first time. Am not telling her till we leave, so she has no idea. Her dad will have to work while we are there, and so we need ideas as to how to keep busy while he's working. Will be in the area 9 days. I found a hotel with an indoor pool in Oglesby, but have not yet reserved it, as I want to do a little more research. We will be on a kinda tight budget while we are gone, so not alot of money to do alot, but also want to make sure the kids don't drive me crazy being cooped up. Any ideas??

Alwaysacarnie

Asked by Alwaysacarnie at 9:30 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Travel

• starved rock is near by and truly amazing. you can take a train into Chicago and visit museums

Answer by rkoloms at 2:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would check around the Illinois travel web site some more. Entertainment books are 1/2 off now. you might be able to get one for that area for 10$ and save a bundle!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2009