If job was lost, where are you looking for some extra income?

I am fearful to get a job in fear of eventually losing it because of the economy. Is it true that volunteering somewhere sometimes leads to a paying job? My son is 15 and thinking about getting out and doing something to earn a few bucks this summer with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• YOu guys could cut grass together. I don't think volunteering leads to a job...i usually get stuck with more volunteering LOL. Or detail cars.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• If you're interested in being a work at home mom, you should read my blog with more information. Be a Work at Home Mom

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Message me and i can tell you what I do as a stay at home mom.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 1:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i dont understand why you are afraid to get a job for fear of losing it???

either way, sometimes volunteer work can lead t o a job. it DOES give a good way to get experience and references for college and job-searches, whatever you need.
    Anonymous

• Times are tough, that's for sure. That's why it's up to us to help provide for our family. But I'm sure you don't think it's possible to do it from home, right? WRONG! I am a stay at home Mother of 4. I've teamed up with a health and wellness company that is 100% "GREEN". I've been able to contribute to our finances without leaving my kids with strangers or burdening my family. If you are interested in making money and keeping our planet cleaner, then go to my website www.familiesrok.com. I can share all the details over a short 30 minute phone appointment!
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 12:41 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I left my job when my daughter was born, I wanted to be her every influence. She is now 4 and starting Kindergarten this fall. While on Cafe Mom, searching for a home based business, I found Gold Canyon. www.mygc.com/mariannecorns
    I started in January and love it. I work my own hours. Every month there are specials for new demonstrators. If you are interested I'd love to talk with you. Please check out my web site, browse their products; from candles (which are the best, and I'm a candle freak), Homeology which is a natural cleaning product and Emerge, body products.
    Are you in the Northern Virginia area? i am hosting a Opportunity and Area meeting at my home this Wednesday, 4/1.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    God Bless
    Marianne
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Work for Yourself and help others do the same.

http://www.doctorsmission.com/

Anonymous

• You could actually work from home, which would allow you to have more fun with your son and plan more activities with him. Visit www.workathomeunited.com/ReginaS
    MissRegina

Answer by MissRegina at 3:41 PM on Mar. 30, 2009