How did you tell your families you were pregnant?

When my husband and I were first married I got a magazine that had an article about pregnancy and some creative ways people tell their families. Ever since reading that article I wanted to do something creative. We're dog people and our dogs are our babies for now. So I made signs for the dogs. One said "we're getting a new sister" and the other said "or brother" and put ribbon around it. I made the dogs sit on a dog bed surrounded by all their dog toys and then they each wore one of the signs around their neck. The pic is my profile pic. Then after my first appointment when I had an idea of how far along I was I went to Shutterfly and had the photo put onto a card. On the inside of the card I wrote:
Birthdate: August 4, 2009 ( 2 weeks)
Weight: 0.14 oz (for now)
Length: 1.22 inch and growing
Happy New Year!
None of our family live near us so I had the cards sent to them and waited for the phone calls.

Christina807

Asked by Christina807 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That should have had a plus/minus sign before the 2 weeks.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• what kind of dogs are those?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Whippets - like greyhounds, only smaller, but not as small as Italian Greyhounds.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• that was a very cute idea!!!! for me the 1st time i was only 18 and had literally just graduated highschool... i went to take my lil sis to summer school and thought to myself when i get back mom will still be in bed, i'll leave the tests on the counter and leave for the day :S when i got back she was awake :O lol i went in handed her the test and then she screamed at me like i was 4 lol..... when i told my dad his question was "why the hell did you go do that for?" lol with the 2nd one i was 20 and living on my own (with hubby) so i called mom on the phone and she screamed at me again :S.... she told my dad! lol now i'm done but if i ever have more i'm so going to steal your idea lol
    chloeconnor

Answer by chloeconnor at 10:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• The first time my doctor called my house and said "is stephanie there" and my MIL said 'shes not home can i take a message' and the doctor said ' sure just tell her she is pregnant' and the whole family knew before me I WAS SO UPSET!

So the second time my 21 month old and I made valentines for everyone that had a poem inside that ended and by the way... and on the back it said I am going to be a big brother soon and everyone was in shock ...it took them a minute to process it lol

I like your idea that was cute!
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would be so pissed if everyone found out before me. At least you know she was excited, which is always good, right?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2009