Im in the process of packing my bag for the hospitol, but its getting to be to overwhelming i have no clue what im really gonna need, can anyone tell me what exactly i will need???

NewMommy0414

Asked by NewMommy0414 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not nearly as much as you would think or is on those lists. I only brought: toletries, going home outfit for me, going home outfit for baby, a pair of socks, and camera. I wore the hospital gowns the whole time I was there, I didn't want to stain anything nice I owned. I also wore the hospital underwear. Some people hate them, but I thought they were super comfy because they were breathable and stretchy.
    Just don't feel the need to bring everything you would if you were going on a overnight to a hotel or something, because you won't be concerned with getting all pretty. And the hospital provides everything for the baby. GL!!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• my list included:
    phone number list for hubby to call everyone
    camera
    a dvd to watch ( my room had tv and dvd player)
    toiletries
    button down night shirt (easy for breast feeding & looking cute in bed for company )
    maternity outfit for going home
    2 baby clothes- one for hosp. newborn pic. & one for going home in
    bag of snacks- not for me, but for hubby so he didn't have to leave and raid the vending machines
    Good luck, hope these ideas help
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• you will want:
    shampoo
    conditioner
    soap
    brush
    tooth brush/tooth paste
    going home outfit for you (something comfortable)
    going home outfit for LO
    you can wear hospital gowns, but my mom got me a couple. just make sure they are loose and comfortable
    you might want your own underwear, but again, something comfortable, strechty etc.

you might want to bring pony tail holders.
    some moms do like getting pretty. my cousin definately wanted her make up. i didnt care that much, but i can understand wanting to look pretty because you wont feel pretty. so i say bring the make up if you want.

oh my hospital let me wear flip flops around when i was walking, so if you wanted those instead of slippers you might be able to do that.

if you are planning to BF make sure if you do bring gowns that you get ones that make it easy for BFing.

Good luck! If you forget something just have someone
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I say the same as previous post. I wore the hos. gown the whole time and chances are your going home outfit you'll want comfortable. Definitely socks and some house shoes. the hospital won't let you walk around bare foot. A robe so tht when you do get up and walk or go see the baby your booty won't be hanging out. Some magazines or a book if there isn't anything on t.v. If you'll be there more then time expected. A brush, the hosp. only has those small combs, maybe your brand of toothpaste and brush. Maybe some candy to suck on in between labor.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• ok i took:

toiletries

extra hair ties!

phone charger

camera (extra batteries)

going home outfits for babt(we dont do hospital pics they're to expensive here)

i had a scheduled c section so my clothes i wore in there were clean i just wore those home!

i also wore hospital underpants and gowns because afterward i didn't wanna ruin anything of mine lol plus those mesh panties are the GREATEST haha....

extra cash for hubby to get food from the cafeteria or snack machines!!!

and i'm thinking that was it... i'm a lite packer for stuff like that plus most hospitals have e verything you need minus the clothes and phone stuff and money lol... good luck tho dont over do it because when its time to leave and return home it sucks having to pack all that stuff back up and then unpack it when you get home!!! Good luck tho momma
    chloeconnor

Answer by chloeconnor at 10:20 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have packed:
    -all the basic toiletries items
    -clothes for my husand & me
    -3 outfits for my son newborn size & 2- 0-3 month size
    -socks for all of us
    -pads
    -phone charger
    -camera & camcorder

Good luck!!
    newmom2be202

Answer by newmom2be202 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I still have a little longer to go but am packed, one thing that I did was wrote a clear list of instructions for my husband because I know at that time he will be stressed. Simple things that will be over looked like making sure the animals at home are taken care of. Bringing the car seat cloths tooth brush paste my shampoo, I wear contacts and glasses so those of course and I pre packed some cloths and pjs for him. Keep it simple you shouldn't be there long.
    MommySanford

Answer by MommySanford at 11:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• In addition to what other moms posted, I would like to add peri-care items. If you have a vaginal birth, you will need Dermaplast Spray, Tucks Pads & the biggest sanitary napkins you can find. Yes, the hsp does provide all of this. With my 1st, the hsp was so darn packed & the nurses were all so busy that I ran out of supplies! I would have loved to just pulled from my supply so I could feel "fresh" when I needed to.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 2:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009