What would you do?

I spent all day cleaning yesterday andmy friend &her 4 kids visited, they tracked mud in on my carpet, then they dumped out all of my DD's toys in bedroom brought a ton of toys into my living room & they asked for juice. I gave them the juice and told them to stay in the kitchen, then I took my DD to lay down for a nap & I put her in my room so the other kids could pick up the toys that they got out. then I go back into the kitchen and the mom is on my phone and her youngest had dumped my dogs food out, one of them had went into my living room and dumped the juice on a white rug, when the mom got off the phone, I told her about the juice and she said, Oh well it should come out if you clean it right now. then she left without her kids picking up toys. I want to tell her not to come over unless she can respect my home, but I dont want to hurt her feelings, she is otherwise a good friend. what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would tell her that if she doesnt have any respect for you or your home then she isnt a very good friend and shouldnt visit for a while. Did she say what her phone call was about? maybe there was an emergency so she had to leave.
    Does this happen every time she visits? If it happens all the time, I would just tell her that you would appreciate it if her kids would clean up the toys and if she would help clean up the messes that her children make, but if it was a one time thing I would probably just let it slide
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about hurting her feelings because she needs to open her eyes and realize how wrong that is!! You should say something
    lonelymom911

Answer by lonelymom911 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Your house, your rules. If the kids come they can play woth toys ONLY if they clean up after themselves...
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 10:09 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would find another friend to hang out with. If she's that disrepectful, why would you want to be around her anyway?
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Was it my neices and her kids,sure sounds like them. lol I make them pick up what they drag out ,and if their momma don't like it ,she can keep them home.All but the baby,she is to little.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I hate it when this happens. I usually do the cleaning up after guest, kids or not. And hope the parent is going to jump in and take over. My nephew did this to me one time. He squeezed a juice box all over my floor, dumped and threw tiny Legos all over my sons room, spilled a brand new bag of goldfish on the floor. And guess who had to clean it all? Me. You know what his mom said? I could send my kids to her house one day to make a mess!
    I would inform this mom though, next time she comes over, to help you clean up before she leaves please.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• you handled that better then me, i would have freaked....

i find that disrespectful that she allowed her kids to run around and destory your house like that, then not even offer to help you clean up.. i wouldn't have her over my house either for a little while.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would not invite her over anymore. I would tell her why she is not invited. I would tell her there will be know more unexpected visits too. Tell her how you feel about the way her and her kids are.

Answer by louise2 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• she would RESPECT my rules or else. If she doesn't have her kids help she isn't considered a friend in my opinion. Sorry thats just me
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 10:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Fuck that. I would make her clean every mess her kids made. She wouldn't be allowed back. Maybe next time meet on common ground (park, zoo, ect)
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 27, 2009