what would you think about this?

MIL's other son who is 33 years old has his own car decides to make a 1700 mile road trip for a sporting event but uses his parents car instead of his own...why did he do this? I said to my husb he wanted to use up their mileage and use up their car instead of his own husb said no that can't be it...uh...what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• sounds like a leech to me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Depends. It's hard to say without knowing the types of cars they both have. Maybe the parents' car is better on gas or more comfortable for long trips. Maybe it holds more people and he had other people he was taking along. Mostly I think you shouldn't worry about it. You're getting worked up about something that doesn't really matter and is between the parents and the other son.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• First of all the parents of this 33yo son,,LET him do this. It is the parents you should be having an issue with. He new they would let him do..So he did it.But you are right.about the mieage thing..

Answer by louise2 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My husband told me about it and was laughing about it cause he was like why the hell didn't he take his own car, they are both small cars neither is more comfortable than the other. I gave hiim my opinion and he thinks I was being harsh is all..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• maybe his car was having problems and he wanted a safe trip

Answer by admckenzie at 11:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Honestly, why do you care? Do you pay for their car? They are adults so is the son, it's between them, end of story.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 11:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• he's a user!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Is his car a piece of crap? Does the parents' car get better mileage? Either one of those is decent reason enough.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:47 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• doesn't matter why... they let him do it and that's their business. Same as you wouldn't want anyone telling you what to do with your car or house or how to raise your kids. I dont' mean that to sound harsh, it's just how it is. I used to get myself worked out trying to fight all of the users, the injustice around me... and you know what it got me? A headache and alienated from the group. Now... when it crashes and falls, I'm just here to wipe up the mess as best as I can.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think it depends - would his car have made the trip? Which car has better gas mileage? Who's idea was it? I think it may be unfair to judge without knowing the whole story.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2009