Weight Gain during pregnancy

O.k. So i weigh 255 lbs. I just started exercising, running 30 min. a day, doing a workout dvd, and WII Fit daily, i have already lost 10 lbs. so now i am at 245. We are ttc, is it possible if i keep working out at this rate and eating right, that i will not gain any weight during pregnancy because i will be loosing weight from finally exercising and eating right? Keep in mind i do this routine 6 days a week. So i guess i just want to know if its possible to keep loosing weight, if i get pregnant instead of tacking on another 50+ lbs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• check with your doctor, but I remember mine saying the rule of thumb is if you were active before pregnancy you can remain active unless you're high risk then just stick to low impact exercise walking eating sensible etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• yes. but you will proboaly just niether gain or loose. That is what happened to my sister. She lost 10 lbs while pregnant. She was right about the same weight.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• last i knew you can work out while you are pregnant as long as you were before you were pregnant. weight gain i am not sure. but i would just consult your doctor about it.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I was 220 when I got pregnant but I am very active and pregnancy really effected my eating nothing really sounds good so I lost I am now 226 and 2 days from 36 weeks the doctor says I am very healthy and I feel great, you will find though that later in your pregnancy it will be really hard on your body to remain as active. Be careful because the extra weight in front throws your balance off and you can get hurt, I trip over my own feet, your balance is really off, keep up the good work! It will pay off in the end!
    MommySanford

Answer by MommySanford at 11:15 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• just loose the weight so u have less on u when u are pregnant. How much u wanna lose?? It is nice you are trying to do good for yourself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• But they also say u can't just run to loose weight because you also need to get some muscle with some weights. They say if u just run u will be flabby. You said ur doing some workouts too so hope that helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 27, 2009