Do you make assumptions about people...

based on what they wear? And if you do why do you do it?

ZaTa

Asked by ZaTa at 10:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I usually don't. The way I see it, it is no one else's business why I dress myself or my child the way I do, so I try not to make it my business why other people dress the way they do.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• previous experiences with people dressed a certain way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i dont but remember zata we are bums cause we like our pjs lmao
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• LOL!!!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yeah pretty much. I believe the way a person dresses and carries themselves pretty much sums it up for me.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 10:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yes, I'm afraid I do. Why? Because we all wear what we feel comfortable in. If someone feels really comfy wearing a only a bra and pants that come down to a quarter inch above thier business, out in public....that pretty much tells me what they're about.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:47 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You mean ,,Your dressed like a hooker you must be one. Or women who are to big for there shirt,,as in showing there back fat and belly fat. Or that guy forgot to put a belt on this morning.. Yes I make assumptions,,,As in "what were they thinking when they put that on".

Answer by louise2 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yay, I know I do, and I know I shouldn't, but I always think in my mind, she shouldn't be waring that, she's slut or something like that, I think it make me feel better about myself.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I do. I dont try to but I do. People know that dressing a certain will result in either positive or negative reactions. Some might say they dont care, but still, it happens and we all pretty much know that.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• To some extent I do. I've found in general that people who are lazy about their appearance tend to be lazy in other aspects of their life (including their finances) and I probably won't have much in common with them. Those that tend to dress in "slut wear" are often seeking male attention - also not something I have anything in common with. Those that are pulled together and obviously own a full-length mirror tend to be organized in other aspects of their life and that's what I'm drawn to in my friends. Of course there are always exceptions but odds are the person in pajamas is probably not going to be willing to join me for lunch at Benihana's.
    Anonymous