Hello, I am 18 weeks pregnant and thinking about coloring my hair- anyone have any reason not too? will it harm the baby? my OB says its fine as long as salon is well ventilated- what do you think? anyone color there hair during pregnancy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• other then when pregnant your hair takes to color different and it might not turn out the way you want. there in nothing wrong with it.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• If youre going to color your hair use a henna dye and only a henna dye. The chemicals in most other hair dies include amonia, which is harmful to the baby. Please do not dye your hair with anything other then henna based hair dyes until after the baby is born
    mommamaniacc

Answer by mommamaniacc at 10:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• no there is nothing wrong with it . why worry if your dr even said it was fine .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You'll be fine. I worked in a salon while I was pregnant. There isn't a risk anymore to dying your hair when you are pregnant. Back in the 70's they used to put toxic chemicals in the dye that would get into your blood stream and would be harmful for a baby. They don't do that anymore. Also if you're OB says it's ok. Then you'll be fine. I colored my hair a bunch of times when I was pregnant and didn't have any problems.
    Mom2vanna

Answer by Mom2vanna at 10:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• As long as the room or salon is well ventilated, you are perfectly fine to color your hair.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 10:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I colored my hair alot, I have natural light brown but was going blond and with the prenatal 's I could not keep up with the roots so I went back to brown. Be careful with blonds because with the bleach I broke out with blisters on my scalp. I had never had that in the past but with all the changes in your body it can effect the sensitivity of you skin. Be sure its in a well ventilated area and if you can use the least amount of chemicals possible.
    MommySanford

Answer by MommySanford at 10:54 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I just got mine done last Friday! My OB told me it was best to wait until about 12 weeks, but go ahead! I know it made me feel A LOT better about myself!!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I am not in the medical field at all...but i did it with all 3 of mine. Sometimes the color was a little off, but just added a toner to it if that happened!
    amy1mom23

Answer by amy1mom23 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I did a few weeks ago and I'm almost 25weeks
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 11:14 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i choose not to dye my hair while pregnant...i don't want to take any risks! just incase, ya know..better be safe than sorry. but, if you're doctor gave you the OK (which mine didn't) then go for it! Enjoy looking glamorous, I'll just wait until after my baby is born to look faboulous too! :)
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009