WTF is happening to our country?

Somebody needs to stop this crap, Freedom Tower is now being renamed
One World Trade Center.
Are you F----ing Kidding Me! This is what was voted for? A One World?
http://www.nypost.com/seven/03262009/news/regionalnews/port_authority_doing_away_with_freedom_t_161457.htm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, the Chinese have leased it! That explains why it has been renamed the ONE WORLD Trade Center. China is advocating a lot of one world order type stuff these days.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• *sigh*

This site is too much for me today.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 10:51 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• im sure obama thought of it and god forbid anyone go against "god"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Of course it's Obama's fault for the renaming ot the twin towers, geeze, give the guy a chance and let him prove himself
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:00 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Here's a proper link to the article since the original one wasn't working for me.

If you read the story you'll discover that officials at the Port Authority are behind the name change. No one 'voted' for it unless of course OP is one of those Port Authority officials.

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:01 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Who cares what they name the twin towers, how does it affect your life, probably not a all, so go do something worthwhile
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Here's the Port Authority's website for even more information.

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• "Port Authority officials addressed the name change after signing a lease with the Chinese firm, Vantone Industrial, which is the first private tenant to take space in the 2.6 million square foot tower. Vantone will lease 190,000 square feet over six floors."

Seems no Americans want to lease in the building. The first and sole tenants to be are the Chinese. Pretty bad that they care more about leasing to the Chinese than really remembering the real reason the building is there. Personally I don't think there should be any lease space. It should be a park with a memorial and thats it.

itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I agree with you steph, I don't think there should be office spaces either. I think it should serve as a memorial.

Honestly, I don't blame Americans for not wanting to lease a space in the building. I wouldn't want to, would you?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:09 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• "Of course it's Obama's fault for the renaming ot the twin towers, geeze, give the guy a chance and let him prove himself"

Oh stop with that lame ass excuse... I bet this whole "let him prove himself" will be thrown around to try and get him reelected.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2009