• In the Spotlight:

For couples married for 10yrs and more

DO YOU AND YOUR MAN KISS GOODNIGHT?

ARE YOU STILL "IN LOVE" WITH YOUR HUSBAND?

ARE YOU HAPPY IN YOUR MARRIGE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, yes, and yes. Has it always been easy?.. NO. we have gone through alot of tough times but thankfully we have made it through. I think the "in love" changes in some ways.. It's not like the "new" relationship where you are constantly being polite and trying your best to impress the other person.. it is now a profound respect for the man he has grown to be. We got together when we were 16 and 17 (we are now 30&31) and had our son at 17 and 18.. it is rare that we made it this long.. but it can be done with ALOT of hard work. I still look forward to him coming home at night and he still gives me that "butterfly in the tummy" feeling when he surprises me with something super sweet.

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 10:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• We've been married for 11 years and yes, we do all of the above. I am more in love with my husband now than I was all them years ago (been together 15 years). I got very lucky with my husband. We've never had any real troubles in our marriage and is as close to perfect as it can be. I don't mean we've never struggled with money and bills- I am talking about the "love" part. I couldn't be happier and couldn't of found a better person. I still LOVE being his wife. He works out of town a lot and when he comes home, it's like when we first started dating- I get so excited to see him.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• 26 yrs baby!!!!yes to all.i am very happy there are could have would have should haves.but thats all hind sight now.thats the thing to stay together through the bad times...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• 10 years and yes, yes and yes. We've seen good times and bad times and the dude's always been there for me. Pregnancy nonsense didn't scare him, the fact that I suck at housekeeping amuses him and we can still light the sheets on fire.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• 27 yrs in July..To answer your questions. Yes, YES! and YES!!! Divorce is not a word in our vocabulary. It is never a threat. It is not a possiblity. We agreed on this before we ever got married. When it is taken out play...it makes you work harder when things get tough. I heard a groom tell his brother on the day of the wedding.."well, if it doesn't work out that's what a divorce is for" I thought. holy smoke, what an attitude. 3 yrs later they were divorced. Marriage isn't simple or easy. I love my husband but it doesn't mean there haven't been struggles. Mostly, I refuse to let my MIL be 'right' The day we got married she looked at me and said "I'll give it 6 weeks, 6 months on the outside"
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'm going on 16 years. If I'm in the bed when he goes to sleep I will atleast say goodnight (I've never been all kissy and neither is he), I do still love him very much and I am happier now than I was when I married him. The mutual love and respect just keeps growing if you feed the relationship. There are days tho that I get so angry with him or we just can't seem to agree on anything, but it's all worth it at the end of the day :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• DO YOU AND YOUR MAN KISS GOODNIGHT? always

ARE YOU STILL "IN LOVE" WITH YOUR HUSBAND? madly

ARE YOU HAPPY IN YOUR MARRIGE? extremely

We've been married for 10 years and together for 18

hdb

Answer by hdb at 2:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• 12 years and bored
    Anonymous

• I will be married 19 years in 16 days. Together 24. And he was my best friend for 5 years before that. I've known him since I'm about 12. We kiss constantly. Practically every time one of us enters or leaves a room. I think I'll always be in love with my husband. And we are as happy now as we were the day we got married. If not more.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009