HOW MUCH DOES YOUR 6MO. OLD..

DRINK FORMULA AND HOW OFTEN?

AND SOLIDS WHAT STAGE?

DOES YOUR BABY SIT UP?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When patience was 6 months old, she was sitting up she was sturdy by then but she still fell over from time to time, she was drinking 8 oz bottles, with cereal two a day and stage 1 gerber baby foods. Now my daughter was very very tiny when she was born, she also had colic very bad, The doctor had us putting cereal in her bottle and it was very thick, So she ate food regularly, in fact at 6 months her formula was in a trainer sippy cup and she was starting to eat just food, Instead of mixing milk or water with her cereal I made it with formula and fed her with a spoon. She wasn't completely off the bottle until she was 11months old.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I started my breastfed daughter on solids at 6 months but she's liked them a lot so we're already doing 3 (small) solids meals a day at almost 7 months. She still doesn't want to even practice sitting up on her own yet (I force her to try about once a day), but she loves being on her tummy and is on the verge of figuring out the army crawl... to each his own! Can't help with the formula question, my daughter nurses like every hour she's awake but who knows how much she gets.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Oh and we make our own fruit or veggie purees or occasionally give her some Gerber Stage Ones. She'll eat baby oatmeal but none of the other cereals.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• my daughter is 6 months old. she can sit up on her own. she takes 2 stage 2 baby foods a day. a fruit for breakfast and a veggie for dinner. my pedi said that he wants sophie to drink at least 24oz of liquid a day. so, she eats a jar of food and 4oz of milk for breakfast, 2 8oz bottle during the day, and 1 jar and 4oz milk at night! you should also know that, i startedmy LO on stage 1 at 4 months, so she was ready for stage 2 at 6months. good luck!
    lovinsophie

Answer by lovinsophie at 1:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2009