tb skin test

Does anyone know what a tb skin test is supposed to look like if you're negative? What about a general timeline of what it's supposed to look like when?

I just had one done and have to go back monday to have it read, but I can't remember what to look for to read it myself. I can't go the whole weekend not knowing! I don't THINK I have tb but I do work with blood so it's definitely a possibility.

wallylicious

Asked by wallylicious at 10:51 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Health

• You can get tuberculosis by breathing in air droplets from a cough or sneeze of an infected person.
    TB is located in the lungs, not blood, yes it can spread to other areas of the body, but it is respratory and that is how it is spread.
    A positve reading only indicates exposure to TB not the infestation. If it is larger than 10mm it is a positve reading, chest xray and sputum culture would need to be done to confirm TB
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:03 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• it may get a litle red,not to worry a positive I think get really red and broken out.and raised
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It may be a little red or there will be nothing there. I have had a TB test every year for the last 20 yrs due to working in child care. Did the doc or lab give you a card that showed different reactions? The test site has to be read after 48 hours.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• okay thanks guys. no redness or anything, just the little hole where she injected me.

the dr told me to come back monday morning, so that's what I guess I'll do. it did seem like a long wait but I'm sure I'll notice if I have a positive result anyway.
    wallylicious

Answer by wallylicious at 11:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2009