I Need help with party ideas for DS 3rd bday party - Spongebob theme-

My son will be turning 3 on April 6 and I'm thinking of giving him a small party if I'm blessed enough. It will only be a few friends and family but I need some ideas on what to do and what to serve. I'm not sure if I want to have it indoors (home) or out doors (the park). I'm leaning towards the park though. I have no idea what to serve maybe roasted hot dogs and popcorn. Idk. What games to play or anything please help me out. Oh I'm on a shoestring budget so free or cheap games would be best. I was thinking of doing something like pin the name tag on spongebob, a pinata because I love it. But i'd like to have a few more games maybe something with the jellyfish, like jellyfishing using large bubbles on the bubble blower. Thank you.

Any Advise would be very helpful

rayna_82

Asked by rayna_82 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Hot dogs and chips would be good. If you are at the park you don't really need games because the kids will want to play at the park and it is hard to get them gathered up for organized games. You can make your own cup cakes for cheap and tint the icing yellow. A pinata is a great idea. I usually put those cheap plastic toys in there with some candy and pencils. When it bust hand out the goody bags and let them fill them up with candy and no need for another goody bag. One year we had alot of kids coming and we used paper lunch sacks that we had decorated with stickers in the theme. it was cute.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You could do a spongebob version of pin the tail on the donkey... You can get a poster pretty cheap and cut out ties from construction paper... Pin the tie on Spongebob... and before you actually do that you could get stickers/markers/crayons for the kids to decorate their ties.

Maybe spongebob bingo.... Make charts using Microsoft, then paste pictures of different characters randomly on the chart. For the call numbers, just write every letter with every character and cut them apart. You can use a bowl, a large cup or even a gallon ziplock bag.

Sponge bob coloring contest... You can usually find pictures online and then print from home.

Sometimes you can find Sponge bob candies... put a bunch in a container and have the kids guess how many are in there. Or just jelly beans or some other candy and have a sponge bob pirze.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Hot dogs and chips are always delish for a kids party and cheap. Pigs in a blanket have always been a big hit for me, but tend to be more expensive.

If you decide to do it at the park, I'd say cupcakes instead of cake, like the pp said, you can tint the frosting yellow with food coloring (my son had a spiderman themed birthday and I colored the icing red and then put a spiderman toy in the center). If you feel crafty, you can get the gel writer icing, and you can draw spongebob on the cake.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• why don't you cook hamburgers and call them craby patty's and I like the jelly fishing Idea. You could have them make jelly fish or there own spongebob or patrick with balloons and construction paper.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I always print out printable coloring pages for my kids' parties. It keeps the other kids busy while in between activities. Easy and inexpensive!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i think the crabby patties idea is so cute!
    plus coloring pages are awesome and free, you could also have the kids make something out of construction paper, like jellyfish, or ties like the one he wears in the show.
    I would definately do cupcakes, yellow ones, and you could even dent the frosting to look like the holes spongebob has....
    i also found a really cheap badminton like game that was spongebob themed for my niece, i think i got it at target, and it was a big hit!
    good luck!
    haileys-mama

Answer by haileys-mama at 1:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2009