preemie baby

My son was born at 32wks weighing 4lbs 7oz. he is 6mo. old and is now weighing 13lbs. he is my 1st preemie of 4kids he's drinking 5oz every 3-4hrs so just curious to see how much is your preemie eating and weighing?? and how much on solids are you giving them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DD was born at 32 weeks and was 4 pounds. She didn't take formula well. She spit it up all the time and hardly kept any formula down. We switched brands and it was only worse. The reason I say all that is because she was eating a lot of solids a day. She had breakfast, lunch, and dinner baby foods to supplement. At max- she only took 4 6 oz bottles a day and the rest was solids. BUT this was due to her not keeping formula down.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My son was born at 34 weeks- 4 lbs 13 ounces- I would NOT give ANYthing but formula until the Dr says to do it- rememebr there is a differance between adjusted age and gestational age. When my son was 6 months old my MIL kept INSISTING I give him apples, so I did- he broke out into hives and threw up horribly- havnig the solid made him allergic to it because TEHCNICALLY he was only 4 months old. Ayden got 6 ounces of DOUBLE formula mix (like we would give 2 scoops of formula to every 2 ounces of water) every 3 hours- until he was about 8 months old. Be careful on the solids at 6 months- talk to a Dr first. Every baby is different- but I have to tell you it was HORRIBLE to have a kiddo allergic to apples of all things :) at 2 he grew out of it. Hang in there! :) Sounds like your kiddo is doing great!!!
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 11:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• well my daughter was a preemie and she is know 4/12 months and she eats 4 somtimes 5 ounces of milk every three hours. maybe you can try some rice cereal in his night bottle. or you can feed him some cereal with a spoon at breakfast time then again at supper. hope it helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• What jessicasea said, diddo
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2009