NO Bashing PLZ. Just Need Some Kind Advice?!

I had an ultrasound a few days ago at 16 weeks to find out the sex. The tech only does sex determination, has never been wrong and done it for 30 years. I have a daughter and of course i would love a little boy but really would be happy with either. The tech said boy. And my husband and i got super excited and then ten minutes later he said actually 50% says it could be a girl and maybe is "swollen". The baby then wouldnt cooperate. He said to come back today for the final determination and i kinda feel bummed because i got so excited for boy and i know by the pics its a girl. I feel guilty i feel this way cause i will be happy with either truly! But when he said Boy then we start thinking about boy stuff and when he changed his mind i just feel bummed. Anyone ever feel this way?? I feel bad that i do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You'll embrace it either way!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:16 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• 16 weeks heck even 20 weeks it is never for sure . i didnt believe it at all til i was 29 weeks and had the billionth ultra sound . im high risk so they just kept coming
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It going to be ok, You'll love it no matter what, and if it helps you can dress her like a boy JK.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:18 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i felt that way when i found out i was having my 3rd boy at 21 weeks.i wanted a girl so bad.im happy with another boy tho.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yes, and it's very real. It's called gender disappointment and I went though it myself. People don't seem to understand what some women go through when they want a child of a certain gender. We are taught that we should be happy to have a healthy baby and not care about the gender. So many moms hide their feelings and feel ashamed because they are "disappointed" because their baby is not the gender they wanted. I already had a boy and wanted so very badly to have a girl and I waited till late to find out so I knew 100%. At 27 weeks, the bomb dropped when I found out I was having another boy. I couldn't catch my breath and I tried so hard to fake a smile to the ultrasound tech but I was really hurt. It's not that fact that you don't love the baby you have...it's that you long for the baby that you don't have. I love both of my boys but the yearning for a girl will never go away. Google "gender disappointment". GL.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yeah I have. I think it's a little early to know for sure. As for feeling guilty I got over that when my doc tols me the man determines the sex. If you get a clean shot of both the ambilical cord and the hmm hmm that's a definate way to know for sure. I'm sorry I know how it is to want a boy and not get one. It's not wrong to feel sad. But as long as it's healthy I think you made out.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my 3rd son, I desperately wanted a little girl. We went for the ultrasound and my whole family was there....The tech looked at me with disappointing eyes and said....you know what it is, right? and I bust out in tears.....I didn't expect to cry, I felt horrible for feeling that way. I love my son and I am so very thankful for him....but deep down, I will always want a little girl.
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 11:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You should be happy with either. how selfish you are. do read any of the post on here. the pain some women go through, desiring a baby.the nerve of you thank God for whatever gender it may be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• That anon is a dill-weed. It's totally normal to feel some disappointment. Work through those feelings and know that no matter what, you will love that baby completely when it gets here!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i totally understand u- im preggo with number 5 and found out its yet another boy- i was really upset but keep forcing the thought away lol- when i found out i was pregnant all i dreamt of was pink dresses and butterflies and ballerinas and all of that pretty stuff and when they said im having a boy i came crashing down to earth lol- i feel bad for being upset but i just try thinking of the bright side- now i can have my very own boy scout group lol! keep ur head up- and dont believe them until theyve said it 3 different times! lol good luck
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2009