My daughter is 13yrs old and still plays with Barbie dolls, what do u think?

mom9502

Asked by mom9502 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think YEAH for you! :) She is still a kid which is exactly what she should be! :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 11:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with that! My best friend and I would hide in her basement when we were 15 and played with Barbies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Played with Barbies and Baby dolls until I was 14... But I think it had more to do with my littlest sister still played with them. She looked up to me, and even then I knew it and so I never told her no... poor thing cried the first time I said no and meant it. I was pregnant and she was 14 and she was so so upset with me.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think, so what? I probably would too. My son is 13 and still has and plays with some kid toys. I figure he'll grow out eventually. He is age appropriate in most areas. And at least I know that he is trying to be too old for his age.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• be happy she wants to hold onto her childhood a little longer!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I might not play with barbies but I still play with toys. I see nothing wrong with it :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I was playing house when I was 13 on my 8th grade graduation day with my girlfriend. I had a very strong instinct very strong to nurture and I nurtured my dolls. Shortly after that I volunteered in a nursery, at a hospital and other places for years. Now I have three kids and had my tubes tied after my third baby. Then I continued nurturing them and tons of animals over the years plus I've done babysitting. As for your daughter and barbies - I'd see about directing her into designing and sewing clothes for her Barbies!!! You probably have a budding clothing designer on your hands!! I wouldn't be afraid. She's using this now because she knows she's great at something to do with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I played with them till I was about thirteen as well. Nothing wrong with it. I think I'd rather see her doing that than being out somewhere maybe getting into trouble.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think that's great. More kids should just be that kids, instead of wanting to grow up to fast and half of the kids in todays day and age just want to play video games or watch cable or look up youtube or whatever. I say good for your 13 year old daughter. My daughter is 10 and won't play with any of her dolls.:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Thats a good thing. Shes not out having sex & getting pregnant like a lot of 13 year olds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2009