Wacky Family Tree....

Does anyone else know anyone in similar situations to these?

1) My friend has 2 children my age with a man, and then divorced him 11 years ago. Marries the XH's father, and has a 14 yr old daughter by him...

2) An XBF introduces me to his parents... then to an aunt and uncle... Mom's brother is married to Dad's sister...

Do you know anyone with a wacky family tree? If not, would either of these family situations be awkward to you?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 11:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My dad's side of the family is all whacky. This is complicated, but my dad's third wife had my half sister then divorced him and married my cousin. (Dad's brother's son) and had a son by him, so my sister's brother is my second cousin or something like that.... Another cousin on that side of the family was married with a baby girl, divorced his wife, married HER mother and then THEY had a little girl, still makes my head hurt to think about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yes, it would be very very akward to me. Nothing like that except my mans eldest brother, had an affair with his wifes best friend and now they are married. And she used to be married to his best friend, so social events are a little uncomfortable. But nothing nearly as strange as your situation.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have a friend who has a 1/2 sister by his mom, then mom married his dad and had him, they got divorced and then dad married the 1/2 sister (his ex step daughter) Him and his sister are 15years apart, and his dad and her are 10 years apart. wierd huh?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• these make my head hurt LOL....
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• wow... glad i'm not alone... just saddened that the 14yr old is Aunt and Sister to a 21 and 24 yr old...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• the first one is wierd.. the second not so much. My sister isn't biological.. does that count? She's not adopted eitehr.. we just 'adopted' eachother growing up.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My Step-sister is my aunt, then my dad divorced her mom keeping her my aunt and ex-step-sister ,Now my aunt and uncle are getting a divorce and everyone is expecting her to get with my dad. My sil says it wouldn't surprise her is her mom my sperm donor (of a father) and step-sister all were "together" if she gets with my dad that would make her my step-mom/ex-step sister/ aunt hahah

Jerry Jerry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It is strange
    But then again...My uncle is also my cousin. LOL Okay let me explain-- my dad has a half sister who was about 30 years older then him I'd guess (from my dads first marriage) so she had boys and they grew up around my dad and are the same age as him. My dads nephew met a lady and married her - the lady was my moms sister so my parents met & got married. So that makes him my cousin & my uncle lol its strange & hard to figure out -- No one that got married was blood related though which is what people always think when I tell them that haha
    mrslloyd

Answer by mrslloyd at 11:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• That is so weird. Too much to try to figure out. Awkward...yes.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:50 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• umm I messed up my last post when I answered this- that should say from my grandpas first married not my dads first marriage LOL
    mrslloyd

Answer by mrslloyd at 11:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2009