Is there anything that your child has everydone that made you really really upset?

I have three girls and I no I did not and do not expect perfection from them, My oldest did something irresponsable and stupid i just wanted to beat her senseless. I didnt and now im just still in shock on what could have been. ugh girls I dont really want to go it as to what she did, but i want to know im not alone.

debmom07

Asked by debmom07 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• My kids are still little, so nothing major yet. I know I disappointed my mom a time or 2 when I was younger tho.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• got pregnant at 19.... oh wait that was me >.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Well they are still little but two of them have told me they hated me because they got in trouble... that upset me.
    But no nothing major... I know I upset my mom quite a bit. I called her a bitch once and got pregnant when I was 17 ...so yea I think all moms go thru that.
    mrslloyd

Answer by mrslloyd at 11:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I got pregnant at 15 and hid it till I was almost 6 months, I ran away when I was 14. I'd say I dissappointed them.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Well if you want to personal message and discuss you can. However I think no matter how much we hope and wish that our kids would never make stupid mistakes, or bad choices or hateful ones its always gonna happen, I am sure My mother wanted to kill me a time or two, and that was just because of the stuff she knew about,.
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You sometimes can't imagine how creative and unpredictable they can be!! I want to try to be optimistic that they could be unpredicably talented and capable one day... but for the moment, the tears aren't those of joy!
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 4:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have a few that my son did. Punch a hole in his grandparents shed, stab a friend in the hand with a pencil because she was bothering him and wouldn't stop after he kept asking, cut his clothes with scissors after the teacher left 20 6 yr olds alone, counter sunk a screw in his bedroom wall and the latest, took a knife to school in his backpack because he was afraid of stalkers and being bullied walking home from school. (he's 12 and no one is bothering him, it was just incase). He is lucky that I found the knife and not his teacher or other school staff because he would have been suspended or expelled. There is a zero tolerance policy for weapons. As OP said, I would have beat him senseless for that one too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yep!

They are teens, they will always push the limits, and occasionally make us wonder WTH they were thinking. Some make bigger mistakes then others, but either way it is how they learn...hopefully.

I have 4 who are teens right know, if I have learned nothing else it is this. I am NOT looking forward to the younger three becoming teens. {{{{{{UGH}}}}
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My 21 quit school on his 18th bday, became a dad at 18 and used drugs from 16-20 though we didn't know until he was 18 that he was using, he his it well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I just want to say thank-you for answers. Im feeling better that Im not alone at that it did not turn out worse. ugh just really made me think where has my sweet baby that always needed mommy gone.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 7:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2009