Earth Hour 2009??

Are you participating? Saturday March 28th at 8:30 pm, turn out your lights for 1 hr!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CRs-7lRlPo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• During this time, I'll be taking a long hot bath with all of the lights in my house on. i might run the dishwasher and washing machine for good measure.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yes, I will be participating. I do every year. My kids love it, we sit at the table with candles and play games.

The person who left the annon answer is ignorant!
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 11:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i live in las vegas so unless the strip is doing it to lol i think we would be the only ones . we only ever have one small lamp on anyways . and 830 pm we may be in bed anywyas lol my husband gets up early for work .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Nope. We're turning on everything possible.

Anonymous

• Yes, I am participating. We don't usually have much on at that time anyway but we are still going to do it.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 12:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• What time is it? It might be fun if I remember it.
    Anonymous

• All I ever have on at that time is a small lamp and a computer. It is earth hour every day at my house and I wish it was a cause as noble as saving the planet. I'm just a cheapskate, and using energy costs money, bottom line.

I'll turn the computer off, k? I can't burn candles right now because I won't take my normal asthma medicines during pregnancy, one of them is class C and they keep telling me "it should be ok"

I have this odd theory, that maybe if we start by not pumping our bodies full of test tube food and chemicals, we might have less to worry about with the earth.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• We won't be home anyway, rarely are, so I guess everything will be turned off. Gotta be green you know or you don't count in society anymore.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No. We conserve energy daily. I have my lights off right now the blinds are open and I am enjoying the sunshine through my window. It is heating up the room I am in as well. My electric and gas bills are very low. We keep our thermastat at 66 all winter and at 78 all summer. In the fall and spring we don't use either much we open windows and use energy efficient fans. Taking care of the Earth should be done daily not just once a year for an hour.
    Anonymous

• lol.... turning everything on what a hoot. i've never heard of earth hour but i could try it
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009