wishing I could have a baby...

I know I've posted something similar to this before, but now it seems like everyone I know is having a second baby. My daughter is 18 months, and I had planned on waiting awhile. We have to move into a bigger house. I want to lose weight before I get pregnant again since last time I was even more miserable than normal cuz I was out of shape. Oh, and with the house...we literally can't FIT a baby here. No way, no how. So that is six months of courts to get our title cleaned up so we can sell and buy something. And yet..I find myself wandering over the swings and cribs and the tiny onesies. I have my next bedding set, swing, bouncer, etc... picked out already. I recall how close my sister and I were, and my mom got pregnant right around when I was DD's age. I want that for her so much...but I don't see how it's possible yet. How can I make this go away!!! Haha.

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• O mama... you'll just have to keep talking your emotions down with the logic. It sucks, but when it can't happen, it can't happen.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• volunteer in a hospital nursery, with headstart - they usually looking for voluntters - join more playgroups. Go to your library's free toddler / kids activities. Barnes and Noble has free kids activities too. Keep a calendar of the many groups where your daughter can be with peers. Keep up being as responsible as you are and holding off till financies and living's better. There's tons and tons of free things to do with babies!!! Your newborn baby is gone and can't be nurtured because she's not that any more. But the toddler and soon to be preschooler she is and will very very soon become need 24 hours 365 days a year of nurturing no matter if you ever work out of home or in home. My oldest is 25 years old - a mother's nurturing never stops it grows with the kids mommy. Keep up the good work and enjoy who your baby's grown in to!!!
    Anonymous

• I know you guys are right. I think more than anything else, I worry that she won't be as close to her siblings if they are farther apart. My sister and I had secrets and stupid little made up games. And the people I know who are five or so years apart from their sibling...HATED them growing up. Then again, I guess she will cherish what she has since that is what she knows. Argh. Haha. Either that, or I will have to hope and pray this house thing doesn't take as long as I think...thanks you all.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• well, my son was an AWFUL 14 hour a day colicky baby - we wanted 2 but now that he's 17 months, its SO much fun and I get the itch to have another but me and my sister were 15 months apart and I HATED her - we fought so much growing up and I became so timid because she was so mean and bossy - and I watch my husband and his sibling still fight - sometimes I look at my son and wonder if I could actually put him through a sibling - not that its all that bad for everyone, but I think I look at the logical on the other side too -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My boys are 18 months apart and are the absolute best of friends. I am so glad we had them close together. They seriously are connected at the hip. We had my second when we couldnt afford it and we managed. We didnt even have a place to live. But everything has worked out in the end. We wanted our kids close togther because I was 6 yrs younger then my siblings and it was torcher. I didnt want to do that to my kids. My hubby and his bro are 18 months apart also and have been the best of friends their whole lives. Of course they fight sometimes but the anger never lasts. I know what is is like to long for another child. For health reasons I can not have anymore kids for awhile. I know I want another baby so bad it physically hurts when I think about it. What gets me by is seeing my boys with each other and just being thankful that they have each other.
    theveryboredone

Answer by theveryboredone at 10:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2009